Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • First ride today
  • spartaniv

scaredypants

!

spartaniv

Better now!

mrplow
    Free Member

Nice!

scaredypants

ah, a bike !

pretty that – looks a bit odd, like the tubes are super-thick or it’s 24 inch wheels or something. Not “bad” odd, just odd

sambob
    Free Member

Are you quite small? I know the seat is down but it still looks tiny!

spartaniv

I’m about 5’8/5’9 ish, it’s a medium.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Wow! The new commencal. I think it looking amazing. How does it ride in comparison to the meta 55s? I’m contemplating getting one.

spartaniv

Telemaster: I bought this as a frame set to replace my 6 year old meta 5.5 which I loved. Just got back from a short ride in the local woods and I’m definitely happy with it, seems much more solid than my old meta but weighs about the same (though I replaced coil pikes with dual air revs which made a big difference) and pedals better too. Really impressed. Obviously the real test will be a longer ride with some proper hills (bit flat round here) but loving it so far. There’s a fair amount of new toy excitement going on too. 🙂

moff

Certainly wasn’t slowing you down today, going to be even harder to keep up with you now, ye bugger!

spartaniv

Well if you will insist on riding your self built single speed….

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I had an 08 55 that I loved but sold when I was completely broke. Building up a cheapo hard tail at the mo which is almost finished. But now I’m not so short of cash, I’m tempted to get one. How much was the frame if you don’t mind me asking?

Cheers

spartaniv

Frame was £1650 but annoyingly comes with no hardware so had to also get a rear maxle (£50 or so) and a seat clamp. Then went massively over budget buying revs, a reverb and various other bits but hey ho that’s what you do right? 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

has the frame crack countdown started?

looks lovely, but you couldn’t pay me to have one after all the faliures my buddies have had with theirs

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Excellent! Of course it is. I think i’d buy one of their builds….just pricing them up now!

spartaniv

rOcKeTdOg: timers started! though I’m not too worried cos I weigh nothing and my old meta lasted me with no problems. I guess I’ll find out anyway. Wish me luck!

Telemaster: the full builds were tempting but I had drive chain, wheels brakes bars etc so thought it would work out cheaper. It probably wasn’t far off the price of the Meta AM2 in the end though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘First ride today’ is closed to new replies.