Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • First ever STW London Bikey! Pics and tales of daring-do…
  • sodafarls
    Free Member

I think somebody’s got sand in their knickers over something!

My thoughts exactly. 😯

I was looking forward to seeing what you’d wearing

Head to toe Rapha, urban and sophisticated.

MrNutt
    Free Member

MrNutt; that’s my Camelback, but it din’t have a bladder in it. Just used for bits and bobs.

oh yes, the old “bits and bobs” eh, drugs, knives and guns no doubt! I’ve seen what you urban revolutionists are like!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Which one is Fred in the pics?
    😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

excellent time was had, shame i had to depart after just one pint – sounds like you were all there for a few more than that!

was good to meet you all and the somewhat aimless rambling route was good fun too!

looking forward to next time, i might even bring another top!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Now I’m even more disappointed…..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Say hello to my leetle friend!

Essential equipment for urban pootling…

clareymorris

Looks like fun. I’m down for a couple of courses later in the year and would love to get out for a ride and a beer. Might have top borrow a bike though!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m definitely up for the next one, someone find some steps and i’ll brush up on my tube trivia 😮

duntmatter
    Free Member

Niche ‘step-only ride’ alert!

sodafarls
    Free Member

Now I’m even more disappointed…..

Don’t worry, i’ll dress up all mountainbikey, just for you…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Clarey, how tall are you?

I’m only ickle, 5’4 1/2″, but I’ll happily lend you a bike if you want.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

No, no, you’re getting me all wrong sodafarls – I want to, in fact I need to see you ‘head to toe Rapha, urban and sophisticated’.

Don’t let me down and turn up not looking like a tw4t.

clareymorris

I’m 5’8……….but I like smaller bikes !!
    Right o then I’ll sort my dates out and give you a shout 😀

brakes
    Free Member

how does this work then? I know how speed-dating works in the usual pub-type scenario but not sure how it would translate to riding round London?
    who ended up together?

sodafarls
    Free Member

– I want to, in fact I need to see you ‘head to toe Rapha, urban and sophisticated’.

Well considering our current financial crisis, I would feel rather gauche.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Clarey; I’ve got a nice steel framed rigid bike you could borrow. S’a wee bit big for me, tbh. The seatpost could go up quite a bit. You’re welcome to borry it.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I would feel rather gauche.

No don’t worry about that. It’s always a good for laugh when someone turns up for a ride and it’s obvious that they are desperate to impress others, with whatever they happen to be wearing.

sodafarls
    Free Member

It’s always a good for laugh when someone turns up for a ride and it’s obvious that they are desperate to impress others, with whatever they happen to be wearing.

May I make it clear at this point, that I did not pay GG to illustrate nor support my initial observation.

clareymorris

RB sounds fab thank you very much for thte offer………will get in touch when I know the craic 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No worries Clarey! Nice to see that people from outside the M25 might find this fun!

flamejob
    Free Member

Count me in for the next one…. did anyone start up a facebook group or something. I often don’t have my eye pinned on the forum so might miss another one.

PS: Who is in Richmond? Thats my gaff.

Goodgey
    Free Member

As discussed I have set up a Facebook group as well for future urban events

http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php?customize&gid=52753398193#/group.php?gid=52753398193

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I hate you lot!

While you were enjoying yourself, I was in work getting frustrated with dodgy fibre, dodgy networks & dodgy everything else I touched.

While you were enjoying the pub I was no more than a few hundred yards away swearing at useless IT kit and getting a **** parking ticket as well 🙁

If I’m about, I’m up for the next one

aP
    Free Member

It was good fun yesterday – but we did very carefully choose the coldest windiest pub balcony on the Thames to stop for pints & pies. I gradually added more and more layers as the drinks kept coming, and even the river police fishing someone out of the Thames couldn’t stop the cold.

The way home ended up with us meeting the Fulham turning out after a Sunday afternoon cheeserolling which was much more extreme riding than the mincing that had been going on earlier 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, poor Cheesy!

I told you to sack work off!

aP; I’ve been caught up in crowds along there, when a game was on. Had to tell some Newcastle fans, in the cafe, to keep the bloody door closed (January, them in NUFC tops only). The fans were all ok though, very good natured.

Here’s to the next one, and many more, I say. Plenty of pootling to be done!

aP
    Free Member

london_lady
    Free Member

classy, refined, elegant……LOL
    Exactly how many pints did you have at the pub?
    Good day out though. I think we ended up doing about 40-something miles in total which is a long way to go for a bagel 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

is there a Birmingham branch of this ride?
    plenty of steps about

aP
    Free Member

Is that the Yam Yam’s ride?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Is it some unwritten rule that all London street rides must end at the Old Thameside Inn?

Before I moved north for the good life the street rides I used to regularly go on always finished there.

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice pics there aP! i particularly like the first one 😀

SaJ, i always seem to end up at that pub by accident whenever i’m in that area, it’s like a magnet for borough market area pint drinking!

theflatboy
    Free Member

and by the way, looking back, my favourite bit of the ride was definitely from spitalfields to the pub – combination of lots of little alleys, steps(!) and the thames path was quality. good fun!

aP
    Free Member

tfb – I have a bigger version of it if you want a copy?

MussEd
    Free Member

It’s “derring-do” not “daring-do”. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Was good fun and with a bit of refinement and more local knowledge could be a great ride.

London>Rest of UK

theflatboy
    Free Member

aP – Member

tfb – I have a bigger version of it if you want a copy?

yes please! theflatboy at gmail dot com, if you’d be so kind.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I know you have to make do with a bad lot when it comes to mtbing down that way, so I’m really sorry to say that it looks like a shit ride by most standards on here. 🙁

Sorry.

aP
    Free Member

It was a fun day out, it was more the backdrop and watching armed response cars hurtling past, watching someone being fished out of the Thames by the river police, getting salmon and cream cheese bagels in Brick Lane, the riding was incidental really.
    Oh, and no one had to drive to get there 😛

duntmatter
    Free Member

What makes a good ride?

fun – tick
    the company – tick
    exploration – tick
    interesting scenery and goings on – tick
    beer and shooting the (icy) breeze afterwards – tick
    the feeling you want to do it again – tick

We don’t need no mountains! At least not all the time.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

t’s “derring-do” not “daring-do”

[Embarrased 😳 ] Yes, it is! You’re right!!

Actually, I forgot to thank Duntmatter, for actually suggesting this in the first place. Big up, an’ nuff respect!

Scienceofficer; it was crap, really; we’re only pretending to have had a good time. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘First ever STW London Bikey! Pics and tales of daring-do…’ is closed to new replies.