Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • first dropper seatpost…
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

so is it worth getting one? never had one before and found out i can get one on finance, from a few places,

http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/article/rockshox-reverb-adjustable-seatpost-review-31621?img=2&pn=rockshox-reverb-100mm-4in&mlc=gear%2Fcomponents%2Fseat-post-seat-pin%2Farticle#1

is it worth it?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

No …they’re shit

float
    Free Member

yes, theyre amazing

legend
    Free Member

^ both of these statements are correct

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

the forums for ya

scottfitz
    Free Member

What bike do you ride?
    What style of riding?
    How offend do you drop your seat now?
    Do you struggle down hill at the mo with the seat up?
    Do you care about bike weight?

I have one on 1 of 3 bikes and love it.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

its an alpine, style of riding is xc/freeride/downhill, some sections i have to get off the bike and lower my seat then put it back when im at the bottom, i guess its alot easier than a standard post :/

scottfitz
    Free Member

What bike do you ride? alpine so yes to post

What style of riding? xc/freeride/downhill so yes to post

How offend do you drop your seat now? more than ones a ride so yes to post

Do you struggle down hill at the mo with the seat up? you won’t with the post so yes to post

Do you care about bike weight? no thats for Roddie types.

Looks like its a yes to the post for you 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

It depends. I ride an older Alpine that takes 27.2mm seatposts and tried and failed with a dropper post. I’ll manually drop the post if there’s a long descent, but generally just ride with it up. If DH/FR you’ll have it down anyway. If the newer frame, yes, deffo, get a Reverb (I have one on my Slopestyle).

momo

I bought a Reverb at the weekend, first ride out with it on Sunday, took me a couple of miles to get used to using it mid-trail to adjust saddle height, but after that it felt extremely natural to raise it a bit or lower it a bit depending on what was coming up.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh thats what im getting momo, getting the £300 Reverb with the go pro hd 2 camera on finance to top it off xD

scottfitz
    Free Member

go pro hd 2 camera

Got one a christmas, It’s great 🙂

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeah? well i wont be getting it till march so i will just have to enjoy the seat post until then lol, must of had alot of people ordering em :/

Paceman
    Free Member

Where are they available on finance please?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

the ride stuff in littlebrough and blazing saddles in hebden bridge

t-p26
    Free Member

Seatposts on Finance????

gsp1984
    Free Member

I have one, and I love it.

However, it’s 5 months old and playing up. It’s seen maybe 300 miles of hard use in the peaks and similar rocky stuff. It’s now quite creaky, there’s more movement than there used to be and when the post is dropped and you pick the bike up by the seat the post comes out then goes back in when released… which it never used to do.

It still functions correctly (at the moment) but I dread being in the middle of nowhere with a broken seat post!

snowpaul
    Free Member

depends – seen a number of riders here n abroad cursing their reliability…

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ah well u just gota look after it and dont pick your bike up by its seat lol

Northwind

gsp1984 – Member

when the post is dropped and you pick the bike up by the seat the post comes out then goes back in when released… which it never used to do

Joplin?

Mine (KS and Gravity Dropper) are both as reliable as any other seatpost, wouldn’t tolerate anything less tbh. These things don’t have to be problematic.

pendlechris
    Free Member

I was sick of stopping and lowering my post, I purchased a fusion seat post 27.2, and have never looked back, I dont use the remote and my riding is alot better for it, my mate also purchased one after me, we have had no problems what so ever, would highley recommend, I am 6ft 4 so tended to feel I was going over the bars until I got this

legend
    Free Member

DSP Bighorns arrived in the UK yesterday (at Loco Tuning), think that’s what I’d be going for at the moment

jambon
    Free Member

KS are the only big name to do a 6″ dropper and their new LEV looks like it may be really good.

Pricey mind.

LoCo
    Free Member

Thanks Legend, yes the 30.9 and 31.6mm remote posts with 4.5″ drop have just arrived and are going fast 😀

legend
    Free Member

No problem, I would ask for an advertising discount…..but as I’ve already ordered :mrgreen:

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a spesh Command Post and to protect it from the crud i’ve just tonight bodged a Decathlon mudguard into my swingarm (Marin Wolf Ridge) to keep it and me clean.
    All i have to do now is find time to ride the damn thing!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Loco, whats the pricing? cant find it on your site?

LoCo
    Free Member

No it’s not on there yet Mosey as I haven’t had time yet, I’m just working through E mails now and will be for a few hours yet 🙁

The costs are £175 for the remote and £150 lever operated.

more details here: http://www.dsp-racing.com/products-02.html

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

cheers loco 🙂 it appears i enjoy giving you my money lol.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

the reverb got 5 out of 5 on bike radar says its the most reliable post going, my m8 has one, so just gona for it, besides it will look the shizzle on my bike 🙂

steveh

Mine (KS and Gravity Dropper) are both as reliable as any other seatpost, wouldn’t tolerate anything less tbh. These things don’t have to be problematic.

My gravity dropper snapped twice in 6 months so was pretty problematic! All the different options seem to have problems which is why I’m holding off at the moment, it’s proving hard though!

legend
    Free Member

the reverb got 5 out of 5 on bike radar says its the most reliable post going

lolz

LoCo
    Free Member

STW, have one of the of the DSP posts on test at present too 😀

james
    Free Member

“I was sick of stopping and lowering my post”
    Learn to do it while riding then. Its not that that hard. Just got to be careful, do it somewhere flat-ish and go slow

“I was sick of stopping and lowering my post”

“when the post is dropped and you pick the bike up by the seat the post comes out then goes back in when released… which it never used to do”
    My KS i900 used to do that
    The side-to-side play got so much that it was hindering me riding on anything slow and very techy where I was wanting to use the saddle to anchor/reference with my knees/legs a bit. On the plus side it gave a bit more give when climbing anything loose enough to get the bike bouncing off stuff sideways
    Replacing the guide pins made little difference, everything else was worn
    The fore-aft play was getting noisy too
    After that it stopped staying down

“the reverb got 5 out of 5 on bike radar says its the most reliable post going”
    +1 on the lol. Bleeding it all the time is normal then?

hugor
    Free Member

I’ve had expensive and unreliable hydrolic dropper posts before and when they fail in some remote location you’ll swear to never do it again.
    My gravity dropper lasted me 2 years trouble free till I sold the bike. I even drilled an extra hole in it to get another drop point.

All the other posts on the market right now seem to be too unreliable for me.
    I like riding my bike and can’t be arsed fixing it all the time.

Northwind

steveh – Member

My gravity dropper snapped twice in 6 months so was pretty problematic!

You’ve mentioned that before, can’t recall the response but did you have multidrop and it broke at the extra hole? Bloody awful bit of design that…

float
    Free Member

My gravity dropper snapped twice in 6 months so was pretty problematic!

how fat big are you? 🙂

genuine question by the way.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Learn to do it while riding then. Its not that that hard. Just got to be careful, do it somewhere flat-ish and go slow

Really! by the time you have slowed down and faffed around with it you might aswell just stop and do it.

somewhere flat-ish

I only drop my seat post for steep tec sections.

chris_mbuk- Get one see how YOU get on with it and if you don’t like it sell it on, to me for a cut price 😉

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

lol, end of day each to their own, i think its one of those things either you like it or you dont, ordering it tomorrow with the go pro 😀

steel4real
    Free Member

Yo Chris – go for it Ian has been using his for 2 or 3 months now without issue. I have finally got my Giant Contact Switch so hope to see you soon for the dropper post stand off !!!
    Having seen how it improves the flow of the chaps I’ve been out with (1 x Reverb, 2 x GD’s & 1 x KS) I’m expecting it to be a good thing for flowing the local tech a bit more !
    Hope to see you soon! – Marcus

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘first dropper seatpost…’ is closed to new replies.