Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • First dice with death. :-)
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Rural N. Shropshire.

molgrips
    Free Member

You were pretty unlucky then to have that happen out in the countryside.

donsimon
    Free Member

They’re pretty aggressive villages, I wonder if anyone here can remember the Wem riots in the early eighties during the carnival. It all kicked off in one of the bars in Wem town centre before spilling out and into another bar and finished up in a bit of a fight on a garage forecourt. I was on the float and had to dodge beer glasses being thrown at me… Ellesmere was banned for something like ten years or more.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

That sounds crappy.. my experience of Southern Shropshire is no more aggressive than the odd pub fight or town rivalry.

yunki
    Free Member

you should ensure that you wear a neck brace in rural areas like that.. I know you’re hard a snails and everything Simon but you can’t be too careful..

Sue_W
    Free Member

Duh … it’s ‘cos you crossed the border! Should have stayed in Wales 🙂

SD-253
    Free Member

mogrim – Member

We got shouted at by a pack of roadies overtaking us on Saturday. Out for a gentle spin with friends and their tandem and one woman starts screaming “get out of he way” at Mrs Rickmeister

Perhaps it was a “I’m out of control and will run you over” type warning, rather than being rude?

Wow mogrim that is one pathetic excuse for typical road biker behaviour
    PS you are making excuses? Becasue you couold do better if it is irony??

project
    Free Member

There does seem to be an aggressive sort of driver from the villages of Shropshire,always in a rush to get in front, and for what, the a494 is a motorists nightmare at times.

Get a mini camera and film the prats.

Scamper
    Free Member

North and South Shropshire are worlds apart.

project
    Free Member

Then theres the magic roundabout bit that used be shropshire, called Telford, a motorists dream, a cyclist and bus users nightmare

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I find a sharp tap on a vehicle passing too closely scares the crap out of the driver 😀
    If I get the opportunity I then point out they scared me to death – takes the wind out of their sails 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘First dice with death. :-)’ is closed to new replies.