Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • First attempt at a video
  • Top.Dog
    Free Member

After watching that Andy Wardman CX film, i thought i'd have a go at something simple myself.

Written, directed and starring myself, it's not as easy as i thought. Filming and riding at the same time has a lot of running back and forwards.

Anyway, do your worst, what do you think?

project
    Free Member

You forgot to say it contains pictures of one of those strange bike with bendy handlebars.

Could do with music.

coastkid
    Free Member

nicely done…also have a go overlapping to fade to the next clip and fadeing out to black…50/50 on music..sometimes wildlife captures the moment…

tragically1969
    Free Member

Sorry, i dont get it, its just shots of you riding past a camera, is it meant to be showing off the landscape or your riding or something else ?

PS: Dont know if you have noticed but you have left your wheel reflectors on.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

wheel reflectors are on because i use this bike for commuting

tragically1969
    Free Member

Fair do's, but take em off for filming, they look poo !!

rOcKeTdOg

have a look at this one for inspiration
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goodhank/4463969939

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Thanks rOcKeTdOg,
    i'll use some of those techniques in the future

coastkid
    Free Member

funny ive never really liked the proclaimers that much but that music suits that film so much…and that is a nice made film,grins on film are always good 😮
    too many folk slag off films who never make them themselves and it is alot of hard work..but it can pay off 😉

coastkid
    Free Member

on the subject of films i think this is amazing…non cycling content but filmed in the UK using remote controlled helicopters…
    imagine if these guys made a mtb film…enjoy…

ojom
    Free Member

Great vid OP – we may have to get you to show us that hill sometime soon.

Bruce – thanks for that link, great film.

RD – thats cool.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Do you ever use your saddle? Seem to be out of the saddle in every clip 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If this is your first attempt, well done. There are some nicely framed shots there. On the negative it was a bit too long with not enough variation of shots. I've only ever done ski vids but my first attempt wasn't as slick as this.

smell_it
    Free Member

Nice vid OP, looks great. It's something I'll never do because I couldn't be bothered with the phaff of all that stop starting, but hats off to you. The alluring thing though is that you always get to look like you are giving it 100% on every bit of the ride!!

Top.Dog
    Free Member

cheers for all the comments guys

i'll take most of them on board for the next one

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘First attempt at a video’ is closed to new replies.