Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • firexc pro vs Rubber Queens ( front)
  • badbob
    Free Member

love the grip of the firexc pros, but want something wider on the front for winter, trails and xc, what is the comparison to RQ’s? for front tire use?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

2.2 RQ is by far the largest 2.2 tyre I’ve ever seen. 2.4 is truly huge.

badbob
    Free Member

but some say they are a dry tire? dont look like one!

thomthumb
    Free Member

rubber queen is a great front tyre.

not a fan of fire xcs.

AndyA
    Free Member

RQ’s are poor as a front tyre in the mud, ime . Try a conti Baron up front, very good winter tyre.

Rickos
    Free Member

I ride FoD and I find the RQ on the front of my Chameleon bl00dy awful. It seems to want to just wash out at the first sign of any moisture. If you ride rocky areas I’m sure it might be OK, but round here I find it a liability.

matt23
    Free Member

Shout out for a 2.3 wTB Bronson UST here…..brilliant grip and I don’t find it sluggish!
    I ride trails and XC.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t buy an RQ for winter unless it’s all rocks where you live (or you’re in Aus).

If you want something big that works in mud have a look at Schwalbe Muddy Mary.

Whyte1
    Free Member

I’m liking the Panaracer Cedric Gracia AC 2.25 it’s a little heavy but rolls quick if ran at a low psi it’s very grippy here in N Wales . I’m not really a fan of Conti tyres though fast the runner lets them down and the ones i tried were the top end Black Chilli

foxyrider
    Free Member

Used to swear by XCPros’ but cornering is a bit scarey! Something with decent wider side knobbles IMO is better 🙂 Like my Kenda Nevegals for a XC front tyre 🙂

Yet1man

I’ve got RQ’s on my 575 which I only really use for trail centres, foreign trips etc and think they are fantastic, if the trails going to be rocky, (wet or dry) they are fantastic, very confidence inspiring but… if your going to ride in forests and in mud, they are just too volumous and float/slide over the mud, rather than digging into/through it. I tried them once in my local woods in the winter and will never again. Not recommended and definitely NOT a winter/mud tyre.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘firexc pro vs Rubber Queens ( front)’ is closed to new replies.