Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Firefox users..
  • DezB
    Free Member

Is it me or is the latest update slow as shit?? It's using all the PC's resources and there's a slight delay between mouse click and action… is it just me?

bassspine
    Free Member

just you

retro83
    Free Member

maybe one of your extensions isn't working properly with it

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, I think the pc is about due a rebuild anyway. Cheers for the input

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the smileys box disappears behind the code and close buttons in the reply box since the update for me, only just worked out it's probably a browser issue not a hamster one

DezB
    Free Member

I needed to print an email from Yahoo and couldn't open it. Had to use IE

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Dez
    I have a newish laptop and there's no obvious effect. I maybe have noticed slower download of pics, but I think that's more the cr@p speed of my connection.

GrahamS

Dez, sounds like something ain't right. It's as fast as ever here. try clearing out all your Internet caches (both Firefox and IE)

fubar
    Free Member

I found it 'slow as sh*t' a few releases ago….I'm a Chrome user now. The time taken from clicking on icon on desktop to being able to browse is much quicker.

cyclistm
    Free Member

DezB, have you checked for trojans?

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx (I think you need to run this in Explorer)

Mine did similar the other week, it had a trojan.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I've found Firefox to be slow too. Switched to Chrome and I'm wuite impressed with it.

GrahamS

.I'm a Chrome user now. The time taken from clicking on icon on desktop to being able to browse is much quicker.

Making something that I only usually do once a day around three seconds faster isn't really a compelling reason for me to switch browsers and give up all my nice add ons. YMMV

Jamie
    Free Member

I switched back to Safari from FF as it was taking a ridiculously amount of time to start up on my Macbook Pro.

Making something that I only usually do once a day around three seconds faster isn't really a compelling reason for me to switch browsers and give up all my nice add ons. YMMV

True. The only reason i persevered with FF for so long was Flashdance/adblock addons. Now have them for Safari so its a win win.

GrahamS

from lifehacker.com

Hmm.. Chrome is a full TWO seconds faster to start from cold than Firefox. I think I'll live 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Firefox users..’ is closed to new replies.