Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • firefox not responding
  • jedi

it keeps stopping.does it happen to any others?

dawson

are you using the latest version?

I'm running it (with quite a few plug-ins) and its been a bit flaky since the update.

I have disabled a few of the plug-ins and it seems a bit better

HTH.

druidh
    Free Member

All working fine for me. I ha some start-up issues which were all resolved by clearing out my cache.

jedi

usually if i click a video it hangs up

Strangelove
    Free Member

Firefox is very slow to start up but fine once it has got going. Rather like me in the mornings

Bod
    Free Member

Yep I get 'stopped' in the bottom left hand corner sometimes, was quite annoying yesterday!!

druidh
    Free Member

Strangelove – try clearing out your IE cache. It made a huuuuge difference for me.

cp

since i upgraded to 3.5 firefox has been alot better for me. previous to that it had gotten so bad i swapped onto google chrome… i'd have stayed had 3.5 not come out and i'd heard speed issues had been improved. 3.5 now flies – it opens almost instantly (as opposed to the 20 second wait for the previous firefox), and is very reliable in use. i dabbled with safari 4 as well, but that was just crash-tastic.

win xp on a powerful workstation.

chewkw
    Free Member

There are some crash bugs in 3.5 and I am not upgrading yet until the patch is out in 3.5.1 which is due this month.

curiousorange
    Free Member

A zero day exploit has also been discovered in FF 3.5

An unpatched memory corruption flaw in the latest version of Firefox creates a means for hackers to drop malware onto vulnerable systems.

Security notification firm Secunia reports that the security bug (which it describes as extremely critical) stems from errors in handling JavaScript code. The flaw has been confirmed in the latest 3.5 version of Firefox, released in late June.

Older versions of the popular alternative browser might also be affected, Secunia warns.

source

chewkw
    Free Member

D'oh! … Hope my NoScript can handle that for a while.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘firefox not responding’ is closed to new replies.