• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Firefox add ons any good suggestions
  • shredder
    Free Member

Just started using Firefox, any good add on's pepole are using ?

Thanks

plant
    Free Member

Yes … but I'm on the work laptop with IE6, so can't recall them!

jimmy

webmail notifier is about all i really use. puts a little ico in the bottom corner to notify of new mails on hot/google/yahoo mail etc

tiggs121
    Free Member

Have a look here

Might be something of interest?

shredder
    Free Member

Had that one Jimmy for gmail worked perfectly or a couple of days then stopped working !

nicko74

NoScript for me – it basically stops anything you haven't approved running on webpages. At first you have to approve things (like 'approve singletrackworld.com'), but it then remembers that you approved stw and so it runs as normal.
    The point is… it stops any malicious cr@p running that might bog your PC down. I've not had a single virus/ trojan/ malware since starting using it, compared to quite a few beforehand.

samuri
    Free Member

I found a great one that takes a table on an html page and treats it like a spreadsheet. Allows you to select single columns or rows or even individual cells. Very useful. I forget what it's called though so that's not much use to you.

Creg

personas is fun if you want to change the appearance.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Lazarus is good if you tend to write a lot on forums. It saves the content of text boxes as you type, so if you accidentally come off the page, if your connection is dropped or if you get stung by a 'server busy' page, then you can recover what youve already typed. You can turn it on/off as desired, so it's security concsious.

SmoothWheel, Multiple Tab Handler and NoScript are all great add-ons. PDF Download is available to turn any web page into a PDF document.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Second noscript. Also use DownThemAll which allows you to rip all pictures etc. with one click.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The Met Office weather gadget is good.

ABP as said is ace.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

download statusbar
    selection links
    split panel

and lavafox theme

mboy
    Free Member

2nd vote for DownThemAll

Use Flashdance if you're fed up with the Flash adverts on this forum…

nickjb
    Free Member

If you are running it on a netbook or small laptop then little fox squeezes up all the menus at the top.

Rich
    Free Member

Downloadhelper, Fastestfox, Forecastfox and Youtube to mp3 all worth a look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Firefox add ons any good suggestions’ is closed to new replies.