Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Finding bunny hopping difficult in new five tens?
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

Hi guys, got myself some new fivetens yesterday, got out on my bike and was really impressed with the grip, what I couldn’t understand is that they seem to have affected my bunnyhops, I can’t work it out has any one else has a similar problem? I did wonder if it’s down to the firmness of the shoe, look forward to getting some replies on this thanks pailo.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Poor technique?

I could bunnyhop fine in mine, although perhaps not quite as well as with skate shoes.

I agree with you, the soles are too thick, I hated mine apart from when riding only downhill. I’ve sold them.

ahwiles
    Free Member

stupid questions:

could you bunnyhop before you got 5:10’s?

have you used 5:10’s before?

paulo6624
    Free Member

Of course I could bunny hop before or I wouldn’t have asked the question, and they are my first five tens, I usually wear dc or etnies type shoes.
    There is an old saying, there’s no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers.

goog
    Free Member

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Cant see why changing footwear should make a massive difference. I can see having no “grip” might be an issue but 5:10 are mant to be super sticky.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

5:10s v skate shoes no difference imho when it comes to bunny hopping, perhaps it could be your technique

ahwiles
    Free Member

ok, i’ve got another stupid question:

(i’m good at these)

you may be able to bunnyhop, but do you know how to bunnyhop?

(it’s a complicated/skillful movement, i can bowl leg-breaks, but i don’t really know how i do it)

put your old shoes on, and go a practise your bunnyhops, take your 5:10’s with you. when you’ve got your B-hops warmed up and working nicely, start paying attention to what it is you do, then change shoes and see how you get on.

paulo6624
    Free Member

interesting stuff there ahwiles, it appears that i have a habit almost bending my feet around the pedals on the backlift, 5 tens seem so stiff that it almost makes this impossible i also think that the feedback through the shoe is lessened quite a lot, im thinking 510’s just dont suit me but thanks all for your comments

slowrider
    Free Member

Yep it felt weird for me too but you quickly adapt and they do soften up, especially if you stick them through the washer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Finding bunny hopping difficult in new five tens?’ is closed to new replies.