Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Finding a pantone number from a website
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'm knocking up a document and as i'm only using MS publisher (yes i know) i'd like to provide a pantone number for the only colour other than black that is on it.

It's the turquoisey font colour on this website

can anybody help?

Outputting from publisher to PDF messes the colours up so i'd like to give the printer something to go on

ta

GrahamS

The title is

Web Colour: #00E0FF
    RGB: 0,225,255

http://www.netfront.fr/Services/rgb2pantone/ will give you approximate Pantone equivalents.

Sam

There appear to be two (or maybe 3?) turquoisey colours on that page? The one of the title seems pretty close to 3115 just holding my colour chart to the screen – but then all screen will display colours differently as well. If you go into the font colour settings it should give you an RGB value which ought to give them something to go on. Personally I'm not hugely keen on turquoise in any shade 😉

TPTcruiser

Have you got a calibrated screen? Could be pot luck.
    The page source says: span style="color: #33cccc;">closing date</span
    Googling gives this:
    http://palettebuilder.com/hexadecimal/33CCCC/default.aspx

Sam

Scratch that, I think there are 4 different shades of turquoise/blue on that page 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

my screen is calibrated but the browser is colour space aware which i doubt publisher and acrobat are.

the turquoise isn't my choice 🙂

RGB 0,255,255 is fairly self explanatory!

thanks

M6TTF
    Free Member

you've got no chance of an accurate pantone colour from screen – colourspace is completely different

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah, i've just gone for the RGB values, i can provide that info to the printers if necesary

GrahamS

RGB 0,255,255 is fairly self explanatory!

Note it's (0,225,255) not 255 (for the title at least)

jammy_p
    Free Member

A very handy website:

[/url]

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

oops

it looks ok with 255 and to be honest i'm sure they won't care that much

i'm doing it for free anway, although i might make the missus do the washing up for a few days in payment

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Finding a pantone number from a website’ is closed to new replies.