Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Final proof that NuLab are really the new Tories?
  • epicsteve
    Free Member

Labour ex-Ministers available for hire

It seems that many politicians these days only want positions to enhance their money making prospects afterwards. For example I'm still convinced that Britain only got involved in the Iraq war to enhance Tony B.liar's value on the US talk circuit. Seems more likely than "God told me to do it"…

Didn't NuLab oust the Tories on an anti-sleaze banner? Seems laughable now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep, well worth watching imo – tomorrow evening @ 8pm on Channel 4.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I sense the stench of Balls behind this. They're all Blairites, after all….

He's busily lining himself up to take over once Brown is ousted.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

One thing that sticks in my mind about the anti-Tory sleaze ticket was the late Robin Cook getting up at every occasion when the latest expose about a Tory getting caught with a Rasta on Hampstead Heath, whilst at the same time conducting an affair. It turns out his 'lucky' secretary had to enter via the back door and sit in the dark until he got home so that any waiting press would not catch on that there were two people there.

Maybe I have remembered this more than any of the many occasions as I hate hypocrites, and this is a particularly bad case, but to me it seems obvious that you make sure your spokesman is whiter than white. Maybe he was the best they had! However any pretense that New Labour were in any way different to anyone previous went out of the window right then. They are all as bad as each other, and they are all out to line their own pockets before anything else.

allthepies
    Free Member

Just shown part so the Byers recording on CH4 News. Not good at all, the sleezebag.

westkipper
    Free Member

I think epicsteve, hints at some of the reason for the governments sleaze…
    In the process of transforming themselves into 'the party that middle England really wants' (i.e. the tory party) new Labour took on all of the Conservatives core values.
    One thing's for sure though, the real difference is that the true tories are better at getting away with it…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

One thing that sticks in my mind about the anti-Tory sleaze ticket was the late Robin Cook getting up at every occasion when the latest expose about a Tory getting caught with a Rasta on Hampstead Heath, whilst at the same time conducting an affair.

I don't recall the story of the Tory MP and the Rasta on Hampstead Heath.
    I guess I probably read the wrong newspapers.

I also don't recall the Tory sleaze scandals having much at to do with sexual impropriety, at all. It was much more to do with Tory MPs including cabinet members, taking bribes and committing perjury.

Certainly there is little doubt that MPs Graham Riddick, David Tredinnick, and Neil Hamilton taking backhanders, and Jonathan Aitken and Jeffrey Archer lying in court under oath, did far more damage to the Tory party than the fact that for years John Major was shagging Edwina Currie behind his wife's back.

jahwomble
    Free Member

"I don't recall the story of the Tory MP and the Rasta on Hampstead Heath."

Thats because it wasnt a Tory, Labour MP Ron Davies claimed he was mugged by a Rasta on Clapham Common,some claim whilst he was cruising for gay sex. He was photographed again by the media recently, engaged in some

n

action in a field off a motorway. "I was only looking for badgers" he said.

Allegedly 🙂

I suspect this may be what barelyincontrol was thinking of.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I remember Ron Davies's "moment of madness" on Clapham Common, as he described it.

But I had assumed that Barelyincontrol was talking about another incident involving a Tory on Hampstead Heath.

Specially as he said : "One thing that sticks in my mind" and "Maybe I have remembered this more than any of the many occasions as I ….."

😕

So Robin Cook was denouncing sleaze in the Labour Party then ?

jahwomble
    Free Member

Dunno, that's the only mp I know of being caught with a Rasta….can't be that common can it?

Seems unlikely R Cook would stick his head up over the parapet for that though……

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmmm… Byers, Hoon and Hewitt. Weren't they the individuals who authored the open letter to the party a few weeks back urging a vote of no confidence in Brown?

They're all sleazebags. If they devoted the same efforts into improving the lot of the British public as they do stabbing one another in the back then we'd be a damn sight better off.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Hmmm… Byers, Hoon and Hewitt. Weren't they the individuals who authored the open letter to the party a few weeks back urging a vote of no confidence in Brown?

Maybe someone paid them to do it…?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PJM1974, an interesting point there. See my post above…!

Oh dear, not looking good for Byers is it? What is amazing is that these are ministers (or ex) and yet could not do enough simple, basic due diligence to work out that they were going to meet a bogus company? It's not exactly hard to dig your way in to a company to establish probity.

noteeth
    Free Member

I cannot even begin to describe my contempt for the creature Hewitt – possibly the worst Health Secretary of all time. 👿

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WTF is Byers doing? He's spouting on about "We need to keep this confidential…" to a company he clearly did not conduct simple due diligence on. 😯

This bit about Tesco is shocking stuff. In fact, this whole show is pretty shocking.

allthepies
    Free Member

New Labour, new sleaze.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Final proof that NuLab are really the new Tories?’ is closed to new replies.