Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FIAT PANDA
  • hora
    Free Member

Secondhand- not the newshape due out.

I’m not talking the 1.4 either. It just looks like its trying too hard to impress. Just the boggo 1.2 that’d look kinda cool never washed (as I never wash any car I own).

I had my first experience of LHD in a Panda on holiday in Ibiza- had to rev the knackers off of it but that was my only negative thought.

Thoughts and experiences?

RustySpanner

How tall are you?
    Seriously, if you’re much over 6 foot forget it, they really are small inside.

Just had one as a courtesy car and Sis in Law has just traded a Berlingo in for one – great fun to drive, well built, very economical and dirt cheap to run.

I’d go for the 1.3 Multijet turbodiesel if I had the choice, it’s a great motor.
    They are being sold off very cheaply now, dealers are doing base model new ones for not much more than 6 grand.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Got a 1.2.
    I don’t do a huge amount of miles in it, so can’t comment on reliability – but seems perfectly reliable. Like you say because you’ve got to rev the nuts off it, you get the impression of making great progress even though you’re not.
    Revving the nuts means the fuel economy isn’t awesome.
    Good fun on country lanes as you just screw up your eyes and squeeze past oncoming cars.
    Once tried to overtake another car in it – won’t try that again.

crankboy
    Free Member

Got one love it . I was conscious of my left knee resting on the central console at first no issue now.

£30 a year to get the VED disk . easy and fun to drive and park. our biggest journey was from Leeds to the west coast of Scotland .

It holds two bikes in the back with the seat down.

No baby carrier mounts so you need to fix the base with the rear seat belt but that’s easy to do.

If you decide you need extra load carrying beware of the roof bars we have got the width wise ones which are 98-104 cms apart so are currently hunting for a roof box solution.

I’m not sure of the fuel economy on motorways it does 50 mpg by the computer around town around 40 mph.

headfirst
    Free Member

Apparently the 4×4 Panda is the best car in snow ever. FACT.

Mugboo

My customer who works for GGB/Valeo (fiat car parts) tells me they hardly sell any parts for the Panda because it doesn’t go wrong.

Our Fiat Stilo 1.2 was bought for £6300 on a similar deal, 53 reg.
    Well geared round town, gutless on the motorway but so far, 70,000 miles, it’s been reliable enough.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

My dad has a 2005 1.2 model. I think it is a great little car. For the class of car it is actually quite roomy with a decent sized boot.

I’m just over 6 foot tall and the space up front is acceptable but not outstanding. You do get used to your left left leaning against the centre console.

Fuel economy is pretty good as is reliablility. The only problem with owning a Fiat is that the dealers are usually pretty rubbish. We’ve had a few Fiats in the family over the years and the quality of service from franchised dealers has always been quite variable.

Lots of cheap ones on the 2nd hand market at the moment so plenty to choose from. I’m seriously tempted by the new one coming out this year. If it is as good as the current model but just that little bit roomier inside my Astras days may be numbered.

hora
    Free Member

I’d still go for the 1.2 as the 1.3 is overpopular (and overpriced as a result) IMO. The 1.4 just looks like its a tiny rollerskate shouting look look! 😆

The 4×4 is rare as rocking horse poo and also overpriced!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FIAT PANDA’ is closed to new replies.