Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fiat Doblo – any good?
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

Until recently had a Peugeot Partner Combi (2.0 HDI) which was more than happy with in terms of size, engine etc… but now need to find a replacement and looking at the Doblo.

They appear to be slightly bigger and seem to be able to pick them up cheaper?

Any thought gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Got one sat on my forecourt, loads of room!!! Was thinking of using it myself.

IA

I avoided one (got a berlingo) mostly cos of poor spec levels and poor NCAP scores.

flatback
    Free Member

i have 3 1.9d best vans i ever owned

Liftman

The Doblos are cheaper for a reason – two turbos, ECU, ignition barrel, multiple trips to the garage – it doesnt seem like such a bargin now as when i bought it !

flatback
    Free Member

my 3 from new, all on about 60000 miles never had a fault other than regular service, been great

colwyn58
    Free Member

As per the Partner is it 2 bikes in wheels on no probs? (with seats down…!)

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Have an 04 Doblo cargo van 1.9. Much better than the 1.5 Kangoo van we had before. Very roomy and after 65k miles, the only thing to go wrong is the wiper linkage (twice I must add).The 1.3 JTD is woefully underpowered, but the 1.9 is quite nippy at 110bhp. Fiat's as a rule are much better than they used to be and don't deserve the "Fix It Again Tomorrow" reputation they get.

colwyn58
    Free Member

Thansk – much appreciated, anyone selling one…!

Apart from the usual suspects of autotrader (and ebay…) any ideas of where to source a reasonable one??

project
    Free Member

FIAT.CO.UK

Lots around,nice van plenty of space but try and get air con as a huge windsceen,so a lot of heat gain,poor fitings for a roof rack though, and a bit high to lift bikes onto.

avdave2

I went for the doblo over the alternatives because all the info I could find pointed to them being more reliable. No getting away from the fact that your driving a van but I've been very happy with it for the last 2 1/2 years.

br
    Free Member

They are fantastic for waking up the dead, nevermind the neighbourhood up in a morning – neighbour has one…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Berlingo every time for me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Doblo – any good?’ is closed to new replies.