Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ffffreezin'!
  • westkipper
    Free Member

Just got back from a short wee ride along the coast and through Hopetoun and Dalmeny estates. I was thinking I was being a bit of a sap for feeling a bit cold but there's bloody ice everywhere- some of the wee burns that feed into the Forth were frozen.
    Going to have to look out some of the winter kit!

rolfharris
    Free Member

Rode out to North Berwick yesterday and had 4 jerseys and a wind vest on. Do not want.

westkipper
    Free Member

Aye, this was my first day back on the bike after having a flu-that-is-not- unrelated-to-bacon-sandwiches and I was hoping they'd at least lay on some decent weather for my return, the bast***s 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh really chilly in Ayrshire this morning, almost cold enough for longs. Bit of ice this morning but a fine ride in and home.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

dunno what your complaining about tbh…. further north than you are and Its been less than 0 for three days….

westkipper
    Free Member

What was nice to see was lots of drivers on the A904 sensibly trying to limit their exposure to danger in the freezing fog and slippy roads by driving even faster and more aggresively 🙄

crazy-legs

Thin patches of ice on the canal this morning. I was toasty warm in my thermal tights though! 🙂
    It was really foggy on the way home though, worryingly dangerous on the roads.

GlenMore
    Free Member

-5C on the outskirts of Edinburgh this morning.

westkipper
    Free Member

OK, so it might not be Siberia, but all these big patches of ice just took me by surprise, after all we've just booted the erse of October.
    I didn't notice any nice bike-dissolving salt on the roads, so maybe it took the councils by surprise too.

GlenMore
    Free Member

superstar_opponents – Member

Rode out to North Berwick yesterday and had 4 jerseys and a wind vest on. Do not want.

Get some lard on ye laddie. I was wearing two layers and it was fine.

You've also mentioned (on the buffs thread) that you don't wear one under your helmet. You should consider it as you lose a LOT of body heat that way.

Swello
    Free Member

Had a nice freezing solo night-ride at GT last night – popped out of the misty/foggy stuff at the spooky wood climb and was treated to a stunning view of the stars. Love cold nights like that! 🙂

dmiller
    Free Member

Glasgow was bollock shrinkingly cold this morning at half 6 for the commute. Need new winter gloves. Brrrrrrr.

trail_rat
    Free Member

was 23 degrees at 9 this morning here …. unfortunantly no bike – and ill be back in aberdeen on friday to bollock freezing !

robhughes
    Free Member

gt solo night ride.jelous i am.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ffffreezin'!’ is closed to new replies.