Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • Fergies less than gracious post match comments.
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

Interesting how most of the press have edited this bit out of Fergies post match comments.

Ferguson said: “We congratulate Manchester City. Anyone who wins the league deserves to win it because it’s a very, very difficult league to win.

“We know that because, as we’ve experienced today, we’ve lost on goal difference.

“They [City] can go on as much as they like. That’s what you would expect, but the history of our club stands us aside.

“We don’t need to worry about that. I think we have a rich history, better than anyone, and it will take them a century to get to our level of history.

“But for us it’s still a challenge and we’re good at challenges. We’ll kick on from here.”

A great manager yes but the man has no class, why do people pander to him?

epicsteve
    Free Member

A great manager yes but the man has no class, why do people pander to him?

Because he’s the greatest manager in the history of the game?

Also he’s a winner, and winners never take defeat well.

D0NK

you’ve won the league and you’re still bitter?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Also he’s a winner, and winners never take defeat well

I think it was Kenny Dalgleish who said – “Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

why do people pander to him?

Probably because he’s the most successful manager working in British football. I would have thought that his long term record also has him on a pretty good standing when compared to any manager in world football.

falkirk-mark

He didn’t win the league. And he is a sparky from a Glasgow shipyard (how much class is he required to have ?)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’d say that was pretty gracious really, and accurate.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s sort of true though.

I’m no Man U fan.

However, 12 out of 20 beats 1 out of 20 by some margin.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I wouldn’t disagree that he is probably the best manger of all time and most city fans would go along with that but one mans mind games in another mans disrespectful comments. He comes out with this rubbish all the time and the press conveniently edit it out for him.

binners

why do people pander to him?

Seriously? Have you seen his pedigree?

Plus: he was absolutely bang on. City haven’t won the league for 44 years. How many has Alex won?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What I want to know is what will happen to City when those profitable rules kick in…

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

as a neutral, it was good to see a beaten Bacon Face.

epicsteve
    Free Member

What I want to know is what will happen to City when those profitable rules kick in…

Quite easy to dodge the rules I expect – for example someone could sponsor the stadium for way more than it’s worth to up the revenue.

slimjim78
    Free Member

never in a million years did I think i’d see those comments above in response to the OP.

seriously, i’m smiling inwardly at the common sense shown above.

slimjim78
    Free Member

oh, and congratulations to City, it made the heart ache more bearable to hear Kompany give a great after match interview, he deserves to be a winning captain.

Fair play to Citeh, I hope they savour the moment and not dwindle too long on bitter gloating.

zokes
    Free Member

Probably because he’s the most successful manager working in British football.

Pretty damn easy when the ref’s usually on your side

/lights blue touch paper and runs from mob of plastic mancunians

portlyone

Papa_Lazarou – Member

as a neutral, it was good to see a beaten Bacon Face.

Yep, clearly neutral. Happy ABU day to you.

I guess if Fergie had been conceding the league for the last 3 weeks that’d be classier?

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

Pretty damn easy when the ref’s usually on your side

Check out his record at Aberdeen where the refs were most definitely not on his side!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Saying it will take city 100 years is pretty disrespectful in my book and he would have been better of if he stopped talking after the first line.

And re fair play regulation as an accountant in Manchester I know the firm who are looking at the issue for them, they are pretty professional and tight lipped so I don’t know all the ins and outs but as you can imagine regulation put together by UEFA is as solid as a Swiss cheese.

grum
    Free Member

Plus: he was absolutely bang on. City haven’t won the league for 44 years. How many has Alex won?

So funny to hear all the Man U fans now having to trade on their past glories, something they’ve been revelling in slagging off Liverpool about for ages. 😉

It was very ungracious of Fergie but that’s no surprise really is it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

past glorys which reflect on the previous 20 years of almost constant and unrivled success.

100 years was a bit rich. more like a lifetime.

grum
    Free Member

past glorys which reflect on the previous 20 years of almost constant and unrivled success.

You’re doing it again. Liverpool were historically really successful too. 😆

(and won more than Man U this season 😉 )

Junkyard
    Free Member

you’ve won the league and you’re still bitter?

THIS

he is generally quite gracious- done honour guards to Chelsea was it at OT??? but he is a winner an dwill do mind games etc as that is what he does

they are right if they bring in financial fairplay you are in trouble

Jesus wept you wont he title in extra time with 2 goals , seriously WTF do you care what he thinks or says? …what do you expect an e-mail and a bottle of wine each……I assume if we win next year Oasis do the Man U party gig eh

Grum:
    Yeah yeah next year we hope to be as good as Liverpool and hit those levels of success and no mistake 😉

TBH we have been preety shit this season and on the decline since Ronaldo left and look at our record…. its a weak league IMHO and getting weaker [ City aside]

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t understand the argument here, it seems like a perfectly fair comment.

binners

So funny to hear all the Man U fans now having to trade on their past glories, something they’ve been revelling in slagging off Liverpool about for ages.

Past glories?

They’ve spent the best part of a billion quid, compared with United who are financially ****ed!! And yet they won it by finishing on the same points and relying on goal difference. Hardly that convincing is it?

They’ve some quality players. Ya Ya Toure, Kompany, Silva and Aguaro have all been absolutely outstanding! The fact that United ran them to the final minute of the season is a testament to Fergie’s skill as a manager

loddrik
    Free Member

Better history than everyone else, I don’t think so….

loddrik
    Free Member

It really is hilarious to hear all the plastic mancs trying to legitimise their success as more honestly achieved than anyone else. the scum have been buying the title for years, same thing as Chelsea, blackburn, and now City. It’s only Arsenal who can lay claim to have won the Premier on managerial nous and enearthed talent.

The scum are despicable, as are their ‘fans’ and bacon face doesn’t know how to lose graciously if he tried.

Well done city, thoroughly deserved.

Cletus

Fair play to Bacon Face he took City all the way with a pretty weak team (compared to say the 1999 team).

I do think that his silence over the asset stripping of the club has let down the ManYoo supporters. Only he (or maybe Bobby Charlton) has the stature to stand up and say that it is not right but he has failed to do so – maybe because he was largely responsible for the ownership changes with his stance over Rock of Gibraltar.

It will be interesting to see what happens player wise at OT over the summer – major investment needed to compete with City.

TBH I do not mind his comments as it makes winning all the sweeter!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don’t see a great deal wrong in what he said.

portlyone

Nice to see Everton doing well too

uwe-r
    Free Member

Many of you will not know but City fans are constantly referred to as bitter’s but what SAF has come out with there is classic bitterness. I’m just pointing it out. Then you get a whole bunch of bitter reds calling me bitter for pointing out the bitterness of SAF. Its time the Bitter tag was dropped as it’s not the blues who are bitter now.

PS re financial fair play – this will have minimal impact over the short medium term maybe long term they will tighten it up but expect nothing to change soon.

martinhutch

I’m a happy blue, and tbh, on this day SAF is more or less irrelevant for once, and I’m celebrating without looking towards Old Trafford. I don’t need the failures or misery of Utd to make City’s season feel worthwhile, because for once, our own success is big enough.

But he’s right in the sense that one title does not suddenly take away Utd’s rich history of winning titles and rubbing our noses in it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It really is hilarious to hear all the plastic mancs trying to legitimise their success as more honestly achieved than anyone else. the scum have been buying the title for years, same thing as Chelsea, blackburn, and now City

What a shame you cannot buy oit then despite your spending HO HO HO

The scum are despicable, as are their ‘fans’ and bacon face doesn’t know how to lose graciously if he tried.

Aye we need the grace that is amply demonstarted by Liverpool and their fans dont we 🙄

Have a word with yourself if you think fergies loosing is ungracious seriously what on earth would you class your rants as

Please this is a chat about foootball you ar ejust a hate filled moron ignoring the facts to spout your hatred.

W ehave all got it you hate Man U so please say somethign usefull or go look for a job ….imagine an unemployed unhappy scouser

what SAF has come out with there is classic bitterness

they just lost the title you won in the last minutes of extra time- FFS do they call you bitter becaus eyou can never be happy ?
    surely you should just be laughing at this…how would you have felt this morning or last night but for those goals? Or Mancini?

monksie
    Free Member

Who gives a flying one about 19 titles, 100 years, weak team, goal difference blah, blah

“The title is ours
    The title is ours
    We won it in Fergie Time….
    The title is ours!”

I didn’t think I could have been happier than I was hugging Aguero but did you see the faces of the Untitled fans on Match of the Day when somebody dropped a wet one….or was it something else? A Goal? At Eastlands?….. They’ve won!

Arrrgghhhh!
    The title is ours.
    The ti- come on now you Never Goes….sing along (swap ours for yours though) 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Aye we need the grace that is amply demonstarted by Liverpool and their fans dont we

go look for a job ….imagine an unemployed unhappy scouser

you ar ejust a hate filled moron ignoring the facts to spout your hatred.

Good luck grabbihg that moral high ground 🙄

uwe-r
    Free Member

Thanks Junkyard that clearly shows that you out spent City in 8 of the last 11 years. And i have been laughing at SAFs expense, the look on his and Phil Jones’ face when City score is priceless.

Just thought as most media coverage has edited Saf’s comments it was worth posting.

D0NK

Its time the Bitter tag was dropped as it’s not the blues who are bitter now.

so why start the thread if you’re not bitter? can’t believe I got sucked into a footy thread but it’s all that’s getting discussed at work today. One thing this season has taught me tho is city fans (of an admittedly limited sample) are bad winners.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m just delighted that someone goaded JY into posting a graph again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its a reply to Loddrik and shows that pool out spent us and others and did not win – i was trying top demonstrate that his quote was wrong hence why I quoted him and then posted a graph

in the spirit of his posts

CHANTING
    you’re too shit to buy the league
    Repeat till bored

Good luck grabbihg that moral high ground

I have ignored it for long enough so if someone is going to call me scum for three days and ignore requests to stop then I think I have “earned” the right to insult him back.

you do have a point

DD its the same graph and I just copied it 8)

surfer
    Free Member

I have ignored it for long enough so if someone is going to call me scum for three days and ignore requests to stop then I think I have “earned” the right to insult him back.

Your no shrinking violet JY, you cant have it both ways.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Fergies less than gracious post match comments.’ is closed to new replies.