Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Feeling my age.
  • Harry_the_Spider

My colleagues are 13 and 22 years younger than me. They are talking about stuff that I have no understanding of (WTF is a Wagner?). The only thing that I want to talk about is how tired I am and that the cold makes my knees ache.

Should I check myself in at the abattoir?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m guessing wagner is something to do with xfactor, this is something i know due to harry hills tv burp not xfactor itself.

dont feel old, feel superior.

its the STW way.

DezB
    Free Member

WAGBO!

Harry_the_Spider

Singletrack should do some shirts with. “Feel superior, It’s the STW way!” on them.

IanMunro
    Free Member

ECCLES!

I’ve no idea what’s going on but I thought I’d join in.

wwaswas

I went to an Avenged Sevenfold/Stone Sour gig last week with 3 people who’s combined age didn’t exceed mine.

They didn’t make a big deal out of it though so I tried not to complain it was all a bit loud.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

He done that ‘Ride of the Valkyries’ didn’t he? You know the tune they play when the choppers are coming in in Apocalypse now…

Dun, der, de, derrr, derr.
    Dun, der, de, derrr, derr…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Here it is, proper nang choon…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7XNb3Q9Ek[/video]

oldgit
    Free Member

wwaswas did it have a good beat to it.

iDave
    Free Member

I love the smell of coffee in the morning…

philconsequence
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The smell, you know that freshly ground smell, the whole kitchen smelled like it.

binners

Just do what I do when faced with the impertinence of youth.

Whatever they’re talking about, just ignore them and loudly inform them that you still have all your own teeth and that you used to come here when it was all fields.

That’ll earn their eternal respect

iDave
    Free Member

…smells like pwned

wwaswas

Some of it oldgit. The Stone Sour frontman was a complete potty mouth though. He started out saying we were all family and then called the audience ‘m*therfeckers’ for the rest of the evening – jolly confusing.

There were flames though which was a bit of a change from the last ‘proper’ gig I went to there which was The Jam’s last concert.

theotherjonv

That’s not Stone Sour’s gig, that’s WCA’s attempt at a wood burning sauna.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Harry, I might just help you out today by hanging out on your thread , things might go OT… keep up Harry. But it’ll be good for you to experience the attention span of the mtv generation. I’m yoof, I’m with it, I’m hippity hop, see.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I found my first grey hair yesterday, I’m not talking about a light blonde strand, I mean a full on pigment free spider leg wirey whispy and wicked. I plucked it free, then found two more on the other side of my temple. Don’t think I’d apprichiate paying to see a gig then being called a mofo by the very person I’d paid to see.

wwaswas

They were recording their ‘tour video’ that night and I wonder if he was putting on a special effort with the language for that.

binners

You paid somebody good money to ruthlessly abuse you? Are you a Tory MP?

emsz
    Free Member

We’re here to help Harry. What do you want to know about? Hair? Make up? Shoes? Front suss set up tips? LOL

Harry_the_Spider

Shoot me in the head.

miketually
    Free Member

You is well old, innit gramps.

philconsequence
    Free Member

like TSY i’m willing to help.

have you heard of the following:

facebook?
    internet memes?
    dubstep?
    4chan?
    twitter?
    the Zeitgeist movement?

if not then i suggest you get googling…. have you heard of google?

i bet your of the age where you forward emails to all your friends and family aren’t you….. *shudders*

skidartist
    Free Member

My girlfriend has been doing some work with a family who have an autistic son. He has a charming trait of prefacing questions with “Don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not saying you’re old or anything but…….”

fadda

Feeling your pain, Harry. I’m constantly depressed that most of my colleagues weren’t born when I started working.

iDave
    Free Member

can’t you make the youth feel inadequate with your tales of tequila fueled parties with models, far flung escapades, personal injuries and close scrapes with foreign forces of law and order? works for me…

skidartist
    Free Member

facebook?
    internet memes?
    dubstep?
    4chan?
    twitter?
    the Zeitgeist movement?

Isn’t 4Chan Teletext for Channel 4?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCSXr6qnv4[/video]

Kidz <3 this shiz

Harry_the_Spider

tequila fueled parties with models, far flung escapades, personal injuries and close scrapes with foreign forces of law and order?

Funnily enough that used to be part of my job before the computer age came along and buggered it all up.

meehaja
    Free Member

been feeling old because I don’t get to go out and see my friends anymore, I don’t go clubbing and i haven’t been to a gig in ages. Anyway, went to a gig on saturday night. I can’t drink anymore so all the drunk people made me cross, It was very loud and i got a headache and then because there was no where to sit, my back started to hurt and I was glad when it was 11 and we could all go home. I’m 28 for heavens sake! Its not meant to be like this!

emsz
    Free Member

fadda said
    Feeling your pain, Harry. I’m constantly depressed that most of my colleagues weren’t born when I started working

Me an mates are organising going to see the latest HP film. I was 9 when the first one came out. We were laughing about how time flies.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

meehaja – I’m 31 you’ve just cheered me up. Fanks.

philconsequence
    Free Member

been feeling old because I don’t get to go out and see my friends anymore, I don’t go clubbing and i haven’t been to a gig in ages. Anyway, went to a gig about 2 months ago. I can’t drink anymore so all the drunk people made me cross, It was very loud and i got a headache and then because there was no where to sit, my back started to hurt and I was glad when it was 11 and we could all go home. I’m 26 for heavens sake! Its not meant to be like this!

fixed it so its representational of my exact experience.

i try and make up for it by snowboarding and riding my bike to the power of groovy. although now i’ve cut my dreadlocks off after 10 years nobody asks what extreme sports i do, so no opportunity to remind people i’m not as much of an old man as it would appear.

binners

28? 31? What?!!! You’re all a bunch of bloody whipper snappers!!! Pups I tells thee.

If you’re feeling old already then you’ll be doubly incontinent, senile and dribbling at 40

Like me 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

My 11 year old keeps telling me that I listen to “old” music and that I should listen to modern music.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I partied til 7am a couple of weekends ago. Got my bogle on at a D&B night. Check ma bad self!

This weekend I stayed in, like an over excited kid, playing with my new dishwasher.

Harry_the_Spider

Last night I put the kids to bed, ironed a few shirts, watched Strictly then got an early night. I also bagged up many wooden off cuts from my recent DIY frenzy and put them in the shed in case I should need them in the future.

Tonight I’m putting things in the loft and making homous.

I too shall check ma bad self.

philconsequence
    Free Member

saw ross noble on thursday night and didnt get to bed until gone midnight! 😯

i’m still hip and groovy

(worse thing is due to my musical exploits i built up a rather large fan-base and a lot of them took advantage of facebook, adding my personal account, so now i get a feed of 16-19 year olds posting constantly about things i dont understand… makes me feel very old… bare jokes blud, bare jokes.)

miketually
    Free Member

Last night a transvestite accused me of being a Polish secret policeman, in a bar in Newcastle. I then watched a fat Mancunian play a Proclaimers song on a shovel, while jets of flames shot up behind him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Feeling my age.’ is closed to new replies.