Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Feeling Dizzy
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Out on the Sky ride this morning – granted it was about -3deg C for most of it, especially when we were out of the early morning sun.

I rode to the meeting point, about 7 miles after a mad dash due to getting the text and then figuring out where I had to get to felt fine, then waited around for an hour in the freezing cold for the ride to begin.

I didn't get a chance to grab breakfast due to messing about getting up/map reading.

About 20 minutes into the ride I started feeling a little queasy, then as we pulled up to a set of lights felt really dizzy/faint and had to un-clip from both pedals otherwise I reckon I would've fell off my bike!!

Once the ride had finished I don't recall ever having felt so cold before and was shivering rather a lot. One large Hot choccy, a packet of them nice Belgium chocolate wafers and a bottle of Gatorade I felt fine.

Do you reckon it was the lack of food pre-ride that caused this in conjunction with the cold making my body work harder to keep warm?

When I felt dizzy/faint I also felt like my head was proper hot under my skull cap?

Shakey
    Free Member

Err, yes! Not a good idea to miss brekkie!

sharki
    Free Member

Welcome to the feeling of Bonking.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Bloody hell, bonking on a tootle round London – must eat brekkie 😆

kevonakona
    Free Member

Sounds like a bonk to me. Remember you will need plenty more calories in the cold.

glynP
    Free Member

I get this feeling occasionaly and have done all my life, when I was young I used to eat a mars bar and that was fine but when I was older I went to the docs and he gave me a blood sugar level tester to check my sugar levels when it happened but they were all normal.
    I did some research and discovered that a lack of protien in the morning can bring on this effect. I have always eaten breakfast but now either have eggs or nuts etc with my porridge and this has greatly improved the amount of times I suffer from it. I also carry a cereal bar everywhere now as well.

steve_b77
    Free Member

THought as much, I did think the cold had something to do with it as well.

Better be careful next time, suppose driving 200+ miles to London last night didn't help either, or having no evening meal 😥

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I had a nasty turn yesterday – my right arm lost all its strength and went half numb – anything I tried to pick up I dropped. Then my legs started to get heavy too 🙁 I did wonder if I was having a stroke but I remained fully lucid and it passed off after half an hour. Then today I was told a former collegue, 5 years younger than me, had dropped dead over the holiday!

clareymorris

So, no evening meal, AND no breaky……hmmmmmmm ;-D

steve_b77
    Free Member

dumdedumdedum 😆

Next you'll all be saying it serves me right

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Feeling Dizzy’ is closed to new replies.