Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • favourite singletrack?
  • nickegg
    Free Member

Cynic-al….I.m pretty sure that's La Varda in Les Arc. Never done it but am desperate too!

My favorite singletrack to date is a tie between Helter Skelter into Vedi,Vici whatsit above Bourg St Maurice or Wales own Doethie Valley (only done it once and it was muddy and fun as hell)!

lowey

hmmm… I really like the section on Penmachno just befoe the traverse descent.

Theres a really nice section of cheeky stuff up on Darwen moor thats nice too.

tazzymtb

For me it's to feel like the speederbike chase in return of the jedi, if it's not flat out and flowing through tight trees it doesn't feel right. Personally hoppy-poppy-rocky-droppy singletrack is fab, but doesn't give me the same zen-like calm I get after a really eyeballs out flowing ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mackem

windy thru a forest with trees right next to the trail.

lyons
    Free Member

Picture 4 or 5 minutes of built track, with berms, jumps, rollers, everything except braking bumps. The sort of stuff you can ride on any bike, but it you REALLY go for it suddenly becomes quite difficultc. Hitting berms at 20mph easilly, but they had jumps before them, so I was preety much having to jump into the berms… THen add to this another 10 minutes or so of perfect singletrack, so single in fact that at some points the path was just squashed flowers…. Riding through an alpine meadow round lakes. There were natural berms, drop offs, jumps, some proper sketchy corners where if you got it wrong you were having an early bath. Followed by another 5 minutes of reeeeeeaaaaaally fast rocky fireroad. I never thought fire road would be fun, except i went down rather hard, and couldnt ride the next day….

lyons
    Free Member

hmmm, cant wait to ride my bike on sunday…

slowrider
    Free Member

twang – Member
    That looks $h1t!!..

not everyone loves sherwood pines a much as you fella!

wet and rocky will do me till the sun shows up…

big-chief-96
    Free Member

kirroughtree red route is very nice

stevomcd
    Free Member

Yeah, Al's pic is La Varda at Les Arcs (aka Hans Blix :mrgreen:)

I find it really hard to see past this, which has the major bonus of finishing by my front door.

nicko74

I'm not great with stuff that's too technical, so fast flowing smoothish that makes me feel like a god! 🙂

andylaightscat
    Free Member

lesarcs??
    silverdarling before trailadiction ragged it

anything guided by bikevillage

valleydaddy
    Free Member

A new trail (to me) we stumbled across on last nights ride – ended popping out of forest outside Top Club Cwmaman – awesome, even in the snow 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Three different kinds, all good:

_tom_
    Free Member

Fast, smooth and windy!

juiced
    Free Member

firm,downhill,flowy doesn't need to be steep.

sambob
    Free Member

gentle downhill, smooth dust or undulating short grass, the sort of stuff ypu can ride very fast, very easily 🙂 loads of footpaths seem to have stuff that would be amazing for riding, and i may have to visit these nirvanas either early morning or late evening in the summer 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

oh god what a question. it has to have everything in it i think. high speed swoops and roller coaster sections, drops (not jumps too much thinking unless you know the trail) some rocky bits some rooty bits.
    i don't think there is any downward direction non muddy singletrack i don't like?

forgotmename
    Free Member

I'd say sick trail and l'avancher secret bowl, the hard one, both in chamonix, they both have everything i could wish for in a trail, and bel lachat trail pretty good too.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Any singletrack away from roads / traffic.
    Ideally leading toward a decent pub.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Penmachno singletrack for me, one of the best mornings riding!

Bernaard
    Free Member

Innerleithen for me, followed closely by this:

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘favourite singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.