• This topic has 74 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cbike.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Favourite overheard WTF, conversational snippets?
  • binners

Just walked past 2 girls in the office and heard…..

“Shut up! Seriously? You can’t liken a shark to a piece of cheese!”

I dread to think. Any other memorable ones spring to mind?

And… yes I’m really really really bored. They won’t let us go home though go home, even though theres nowt to do

cynic-al
    Free Member

“…so I gave her a pearl necklace”.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Getting off a train once a girl in front of me was talking to her friend and all I heard was “…and that’s why I don’t think I’m a necrophiliac”. I really want to know the working out.

wrecker
    Free Member

VERY bristolian couple having an argument outside the chippy. The lady says; “I LOVES YOU, I ****S YOU, I BUYS YOU CHIPS”.
    Poetic.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I was in McDonald’s back in June, the girl on the table next to me turned to her friend and said “is it the May bank holiday soon?”

zinaru
    Free Member

‘oooh stop it, your giving me a wide on’

stevied
    Free Member

Woman with son at check-out in Woolies a few years ago:

“How many times have I told you? It’s not is we, it’s am we” 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Smart young couple on Sloane Street.

Her to him – “No, no, no. Wait until I’m really drunk and then tell me”

Just wish I knew what it was!

martymac

Driving the bus one day, could barely hear a guy behind me “ps dg bh huj” etc, really quiet.
    Then, as clear as a bell, “no, don’t go for a shower just now, wait until I get there”
    Cue several of the other passengers looking up in amazement.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

2 girls talking –” it’s just like having a shit backwards ”

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i was sat behind two guys in the pub the other day and they mentioned the word ‘Psychopath’ about 50 odd times during an ongoing conversation about what may have been a work colleague or someone they new at least!

muddyground
    Free Member

Cafe the other day, heard two lads talking. One said to the other : “My favourite thing is to work through an Excel spreadsheet.”

Only in Surrey eh?

Philby

In a Bristol cafe last week – two BristolUni students talking to each other:
    Him: I need to go up to Leeds early next year
    Her: Where’s Leeds – is it in Cornwall?

digga
    Free Member

In a restaurant in Oman about ten years back. There was a guy on the opposite table who’d already drawn our attention and amusement because he had that odd, reddish sort of hair colour that some Asians have, styled a bit like the Statue of Liberty – bald at the crown and madly upstanding at the fringe.

During one of those coincidental, sudden quiet spells you sometimes get in public places, we overhead his sing-song English voice say to the bloke opposite him “of course he’s mental you know!”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Many moons ago on the top floor of a bus I was sat behind two middle aged ladies.
    As we went though a housing estate I saw a rather strange caravan. Then I realised it was something like Top Gear tried to replicate on the cheap. It was a proper caravan but was vaguely pointy and at the back has space for an outboard.
    Strange enough. But it also had a healthy size TV aerial.
    On top of which was a (real) brightly coloured bird.
    The two in front stop nattering and one says : Look at that parrot!” The other said “Its not a parrot, its a Macaw”.
    And then back to the discussion of prices at the supermarket. Not one question of why a macaw should be sat on a floating caravan’s TV aerial in the middle of Marcham.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

About 2 years ago in a Chinese in York with Mrs Monkeysfeet. Late evening, and the races have been on. 2 guys and a girl walk in, very very drunk and very well spoken. The girl asks one of the guys “where is Janet”, to which one of the guys very loudly states “Good God lorraine, Janet will be getting fu##ed by Lionel by now!!!”

😯

ski
    Free Member

Last week, while waiting to get served in a pub

Snotty lady behind us ‘do you know they charge £1.50 for a penny in Harrords’

Followed by another bloke shouting ‘you can have a pint of my piss for a £1’

I guess you had to be there, it was funny at the time 😉

cheekyboy
    Free Member

This was overheard in the queue for Cream back in the Nineties

“His bell end is bigger than me fist”

Some things you never forget eh !

muddyground
    Free Member

Mate is a teacher. Has an 8 year old daughter. Saw him in town, asked why he was off on a school day. Daughter promptly replied that it was an incest day.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Overheard in Bristol Parkway station many many years ago –

(Automated drinks machine) – “Thankyou for your purchase. please enjoy your Klix Drink”
    (Two old dears with two fresh hot cups of muddy water) – “OOOoooo, nooo, thankYOU!”

aracer
    Free Member

On the way back from Centre Parcs?

nemesis
    Free Member

Edit – no, can’t write that… NSFW

spchantler
    Free Member

in stockton on tees earlier this year, “fookin ell, this methadone’s bunging me up, haven’t been for a sh1t for days”

Esme
    Free Member

In Sainsbury’s healthcare aisle last year:
    Man on mobile, looking at pregnancy testing kits.
    “Of course dogs have hormones. Just like women. So shall I get the cheapest?” 😯

firestarter
    Free Member

Two blokes talking i just caught “thats f*^k all. I once hit a horse”

jools182
    Free Member

mr potatohead – Member
    2 girls talking –” it’s just like having a shit backwards “

😯 😀

splorer

“Shut up! Seriously? You can’t liken a shark to a piece of cheese!”

I had the honour/misfortune this year to try the Icelandic dish, Hákarl, this is shark that has been allowed to decay for a number of months. Rotten shark is chosen instead of fresh shark meat because the meat of the Greenland shark is poisonous when fresh. When the pack is first opened the smell of ammonia is very powerful but texture wise, if you have not gagged at this stage, it reminded me of strong cheese or tofu…I wonder if that is what they were talking about

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One said to the other : “My favourite thing is to work through an Excel spreadsheet.”

Only in Surrey eh?

Wonder what Stoner was doing in Surrey.

tomhoward

Two lads at work were joking about what joke secret Santa present they could buy for another in their team, one jokingly suggested anal beads, the girl (who bears a striking resemblance to ‘nanny’ from the Count Duckula TV cartoon series) sat nearby thinks they are having a serious chat about what to buy and offers her opinion on the matter. (In a very broad Yorkshire accent)

‘I wouldn’t get them those, they’re a bugger to clean, and get right sticky after a while…’

What has been heard cannot be unheard.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

The daughter of a work colleague’s partner asked him recently if it’s true you can buy a strawberry sundae on a Saturday. She’s 20. 😕

BoardinBob

Not strictly overheard but my wife came out with this cracker at the weekend

“If I hadn’t done so much drugs when I was younger I would have been like Stephen hawking just without the wheelchair”

zippykona

While I was standing next to a replica of the Hiroshima bomb I heard american lady ask her friend if this was the actual bomb they dropped.

yunki
    Free Member

Not strictly on topic but back in the debauched hazy days of our youth, in a shared house, my mate wondered into my room whilst I was entertaining a beautiful young lady..

He announced in a clear and loud voice (although his eyes told a different story) ‘we are from the letter ‘S’…. S, P… SPEE’ and when prompted to expand on this, he informed us ‘well I don’t know what she wants.. She’s standing on a stack of bibles’

He then clumsily turned and fumbled with the door before letting himself out

trevron73
    Free Member

In a pub in Charlton , south east London , when 2 local girls were talking about a recipe using white pudding they had seen a chef on TV make, one girl had never had white pudding and inquired what it was so the other one told her (dons a mockney sarf Landon accent) “well you know black pudding is made from blood like? well white pudding is made from the white blood cells innit” they then discussed how the blood was separated in one of them spiny things like in the lab at school. then talked about a peado teacher ,love London boozers 🙄

slowoldman

My mum, looking out of the bus window – “look at all those bollocks”. Er… bollards mum.

stewartc
    Free Member

Many years ago in College, everyone was chatting so there was an audible hum around and difficult to hear anything. Anyway one guy next to my desk was talking about how he was being followed by another mate in their cars, the teacher walks, everyone but him falls immediately silent just as he finishes the sentence ‘and he was right up my arse’.

timba
    Free Member

I was once a victim of this…standing in the school playground with my (very) small boy waiting for his classroom door to be unlocked
    Couple of mums discussing a possible paedophile that was hanging around the school earlier in the week
    My boy pipes in a very loud, very clear voice, “You’ve got them on your computer haven’t you dad?”
    Eventually dawned on me that he was talking about PDF files

ratherbeintobago

they then discussed how the blood was separated in one of them spiny things like in the lab at school

To be fair, they’re more or less right about how you do leucophoresis.

Bregante

My father in law, a now retired pathologist – knocked his mobile in his pocket during a post mortem and accidentally called our house phone ( my wife’s name begins with A and is the first name in his contacts).

We came home that evening to an answering machine message from him which gave pretty graphic details about the circumstances of a mans death and descriptions of the removal and examination of various organs.

Best thing was when we spoke to him a week or so later and mentioned it, he totally denied that it had been him until I went into some of the details! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Favourite overheard WTF, conversational snippets?’ is closed to new replies.