Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Favourite chain lube for dusty trails?
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

In the middle of another dry dusty summer and my Purple Extreme ( http://www.purpleextreme.com/pe.html ) has run out, fancy trying something new, anything else on par for these conditions?

I’ve tried white lightning epic but find it attracts too much dust, purple extreme seems dry to an almost wax like coating.

spacehopper

Squirt

mikewsmith
    Free Member

King of Lubes blue one

AD

Rock n’ Roll Extreme is worth a look – it is definitely a very ‘dry’ lube and doesn’t attract much dust. No idea how it compares to Purple Extreme though.

EDIT – AKA King of Lubes ‘blue’ one 🙂

nuke

Squirt for summer, RnR Extreme for winter

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Squirt looks a good contender cheers!

Can’t see the rock n roll @ CRC or Wiggle

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can’t see the rock n roll @ CRC or Wiggle

Other bicycle establishments exits
    http://www.silverfish-uk.com/Brand/9236/Rock-n-Roll
    Basically stockable by any bike shop

mallorcadave
    Free Member

I don’t know if you can get it in the uk but X Sauce eco lube is brilliant stuff! Its a wax based lube that dries off and doesn’t collect dust at all(It’s very dusty here in Mallorca)and doesn’t wash off in the rain either. The only downside is that its not compatible with other lubes so you have to degrease your chain before applying. If you can find it give it a go.

rhayter

Finish Line Dry with teflon. Not cheap but very good. Slop it on, leave it overnight then ride. Excess seems to evaporate off leaving a teflon coating. Chain stays remarkably clean…
    🙂

scotroutes

Pedros Ice Wax

corroded
    Free Member

Rock n Roll gold

zero-cool
    Free Member

+1 for Eco lube

deadkenny
    Free Member

Squirt. Whatever the weather (though haven’t tried it in sub zero & snow and the bottle does say don’t let it freeze).

Say goodbye to blackened chains and cassettes with this stuff and and you aren’t getting crud sucked in like with wet lubes. Don’t use wet lubes anyway unless it’s just water wet (e.g. rain, and only then if it’s epic or you’re riding through rivers). Mud & wet lube is just a grinding mess.

everyone
    Free Member

Chain-l. Bit of a faff to apply initially but its fantastic.

m360
    Free Member

+1 for white lightening.

JoeG
    Free Member

Squirt +1

singletracksurfer

(yet) Another squirt(er) here.

xcretro
    Free Member

i just got some kmc lube, the one they use on their chains from factory. thought i’d give it a go on the kmc gold xl chain I run. comes with a little double headed applicator/cleaning brush.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Thanks all, going to get some Squirt! enough recommendations all round 😀

ps., thought this was interesting RE the rubber off the road …

http://www.squirtlube.com/roadriding/index.html

jota180
    Free Member

Wurth dry motorcycle chain lube

Northwind

After a year or so using putoline wax, the only (bike) circumstance where it’s not by far the best lube I’ve used, is salty roads as it doesn’t do much corrosion protection. It’s an epic faff to put on, mind (the only chainlube where you might set yourself on fire) but it’s superb and well worth the hassle.

matther01
    Free Member

Squirt…been using it for years (and surprisingly in the wet too)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Favourite chain lube for dusty trails?’ is closed to new replies.