Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Fatbike with modern trail geometry
  • batman11
    Free Member

No I did get it new mind I only had it for about a month didn’t get on with it

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Is this modern enough for you……

Only issue is its trail taming capabilities (going up and down) so you end up riding the chunkiest route you can spot 😯

MadBillMcMad

@roverpig, reading your posts I’ve been through the exact same dilemma, as in weight over function.

Well on Wednesday I take possession of an ICT. It will be really interesting to see how it compares to the Fatty I’ve been on for the last 18 months.

I’ll report back later.

NormalMan

^Look forward to hearing how you get on MBMcM.

roverpig

Look forward to hearing how you get on MBMcM

Me too.

Spend the next six months trying out more fatbikes so you have a more rounded opinion of them.

Definitely the sensible option, with just two small flaws. First, the Canyon Dude seems to be obvious “low weight” alternative and I can’t test that. Then there is the £700 price drop on the ICT. Presumably they will launch a revised ICT (hard to believe they will drop it) and I’m not that price sensitive (getting the right choice usually works out cheaper than grabbing a bargain for the sake of it). But it would be a pain to spend the summer cogitating just to decide that the ICT was the right choice all along and missing out on the reduced price.

Is this modern enough for you.

Not sure I get the logic of a full suss fatbike. But to hell with logic, that looks like bonkers fun 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Is this modern enough for you……

[img]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/gibbon_photo/forum/IMAG3109_zpsjxpe5tf2.jpg[/img]
    What is it?

Edit: ah Salsa Bucksaw

monkeyboyjc

Smokestone bikes , remeber them? Well the brand has been reborn (1st frames avaliable soon)…. & from what I’ve heard the first batch of Henderson’s will have a 66.8° headangle…..

samcuk87
    Free Member

I love my bucksaw…

peekay

Gibbonarms: That looks great. what are those triple crown forks?

gibbonarms
    Free Member

what are those triple crown forks?

Manitou Dorado’s with some trick MRD internals. Clearance is tight hence only running a 3.8 Nate on a 65mm rim. I was underwhelmed by the bluto, likewise with the rear monarch so swapped that out for a CC inline, the difference in that bike now is incredible.

MadBillMcMad

ok, so as promised here is a mini review of the ICT I bought a week ago.

Awesome.

There you have it.

so some more detail. I’ve done three rides on it now, the last 55km with 1200m of climbing & with out making any attempt to push it I managed several PBs going down & up & not just small climbs, one of 200m vertical.

Can’t really explain why. the bike weighs about 3kg more than my OnOne Fatty.

Downhill it feels amazing, really well balanced & unbelievably confidence inspiring.
    Up, I think it does feel heavier but then I appear to be getting up just as fast or faster as on the Fatty.
    On tarmac – all you can say is that you get a nice massage from the Lou on the back.

My ICT is rigid & set up with 1×11 with a 28t chainring, otherwise standard.

roverpig

Thanks MBMcM: glad to hear that you are enjoying the ICT. New bikes are always great of course, but there is something funny going on with the ICT. No bike that weighs that much has any right being that much fun 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Fatbike with modern trail geometry’ is closed to new replies.