• This topic has 179 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 180 total)
  • Fat nurses
  • tonyd

Is this thread worth reading, or is it just the usual load of bollocks? Any actual intelligent content?

No
    Yes
    No

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Is this thread worth reading, or is it just the usual load of bollocks? Any actual intelligent content?

Yes
    No
    Yes

tonyd

Touche

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Seems to be some fat bloke having a go at fat nurses. I don’t get it.

Is there actually anything to ‘get’?

No stone throwing please….

j_me
    Free Member

So its not about nurses who care for fat people ?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Seems to be some fat bloke having a go at fat nurses. I don’t get it.

Is there actually anything to ‘get’?

Yes, it’s the new post-modern ‘ism’ Rather than the old ways when folks would take against others because they were not like them. Hence racist / sexist / fattist. We have evolved beyond this to the current state where new ‘enlightened’ citizens take against people precisely because they are like them. This new dislike of people them same can have a new ‘phobia’ The ‘phobia’ of people the same. hmmm I know from the greek root ‘homo’ meaning the same, we can have ‘homophobia’!! Hey everyone! I’ve invented a new word! I’m just going to check the OED to make sure no one beat me to it!!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Dammit!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh well Mungbean. At least you tried. 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Fred, STOP IT WITH THE RANDOM PICTURES please.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats not random – thats a glass house to not throw stones in

Pigface
    Free Member

Yay now everyone has turned up this could really kick off or has it run its course? 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No, reckon its all over. Never mind, I had fun, though I think some of my best material was overlooked.

Harry_the_Spider

That was your best? 😉

Hope you’ve not booked any big venues.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh! back on the ‘big’ again are we?

Harry_the_Spider

Now that was funny*.

Harry_the_Spider

*almost.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I know three nurses and they’re all pretty svelte.

In the grand tradition of STW, this anecdotal evidence adds nothing to the debate!

😛

project
    Free Member

When i worked last in the NHS, before trusts /foundations and privatisation by stealth, we had a decree come out all staff ave a certain weight would be offered dieting advice, a rarther plump lady we worked with was dully summoned, she was offeered advice, and shared the fact with a rather helpful psychie patient we had in our care,for the next few weeks almost ebvery day there would be a new slimming mag left on her chair in the staff room, and then a book or two.

About 3 weeks later i took a phone call from a member of the local constabulary asking did we have a certain menber of staff working with us and did we also have a certain patient attending treatment, Yes to both, says i.

Local plod then explained the patient had been caught stealing dieting books form the local newsagents, and had refered the cause to the staff member as he was trying to help her.

He was banned from the shop and the lady in question had to hand back all the books and mags.

I think they gave her a large box of chocolates as a thankyou for the books and mags back.

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m surprised the nurse didn’t apologise profusely, offer to wipe your dick as an emergency procedure, abandon her/his patients and rush off to refill all the containers for you once you were safely zipped up. After all there are few things in life worse than a smartarsed prick with dirty hands

What made you think that the soap in the toilets was the responsibility of a nurse?

Are people not getting enough sleep? Or is it just the effects of taking a thread too seriously?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

‘Evidence’ is not the plural of ‘anecdote’

udder
    Free Member

Udder; do you actually know any teachers?

Actually yes. My Mum is a teacher. My wife is a Nurse.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

my missus is a very slim(races bikes) trainee nurse and she is by far the slimmest thing in her ward…she gets quite miffed by alot of thinnest comments shes gets whilst they all tuck into unhealthy lunches/dinners etc..

chocolate seems to be a staple in her ward also

McHamish
    Free Member

chocolate seems to be a staple in her ward also

No wonder they get peoples records mixed up, that’s no way to secure paper together.

Woody
    Free Member

Are people not getting enough sleep? Or is it just the effects of taking a thread too seriously?

Getting loads of sleep thanks, now that I’ve stopped working shifts…… and if you thought my comment was ‘taking a thread too seriously’, it was very mild compared to the total lack of humour I might have displayed had I just come off nightshift 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

McHamish – I like that one

*claps*

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, Udder, your mum works 8/8/30-3.30/4, Monday to Friday, never does any extra prep work/admin etc at home? Nice small class size of no more than 12 impeccably behaved kids?

Must be wonderful.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not slating Teachers, but teaching kids how to read and write is in the same league as caring for people’s health.

It’s not life or death, but it has a pretty big impact on how that life actually pans out.

Also, teachers get a rather generous amount of holiday, are home most nights by six and have every weekend off.

The ones I know* are home by six to have some tea and then continue working, and they also work a fair bit on Sundays mostly.

* Sister, Brother in Law, Mother.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So, Udder, your mum works 8/8/30-3.30/4, Monday to Friday, never does any extra prep work/admin etc at home? Nice small class size of no more than 12 impeccably behaved kids?

Must be wonderful.

His mum might be a pilates teacher

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Great thread but I’ll put an end to it!

Non fat nurse who does a good job (I can tell that by the amount of ‘thank you’ cards she gets, my Missus

Fat MTBer who couldn’t really care less…Me, on the right.

Drac

Also, teachers get a rather generous amount of holiday,

So do Nurses, in fact so do I.

noteeth
    Free Member

I work with Goddesses.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Based on the thesis that as a lot of the op’s local medical staff are fat, therefore, Nurses are fat, I’d like to propose that they’re all called Steve too.

RustySpanner

I had blood taken by a fat nurse once.

Well, I say nurse, I think she was actually a flabotomist.

Sorry.

noteeth
    Free Member

I did once encounter a nursing matron who wasn’t permitted to work on the shopfloor because she was clinically obese… 😯

McHamish
    Free Member

Getting loads of sleep thanks, now that I’ve stopped working shifts…… and if you thought my comment was ‘taking a thread too seriously’, it was very mild compared to the total lack of humour I might have displayed had I just come off nightshift

Does someone need a hug?

tonyd

You have a mud guard fitted to your bike and it looks like the tyre label thingummys are out of line, are you expecting to be taken seriously?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Rusty spanner – BRILLIANT!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Would any of us want a police officer who’d been convicted of corruption look after your case?

Woody
    Free Member

Thanks for clarifying that Essel 😆

RustySpanner

I’m wasted on here you know, wasted.
    Did you lot manage to get a ride in on Sunday?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘Fat nurses’ is closed to new replies.