• This topic has 179 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)
  • Fat nurses
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m not generalising here but a lot of the nurses in our local doctors surgeries and hospitals are really fat. What kind of messagge does this send out to patients? I had by blood pressure and some bloods taken by the nurse that runs our diabetes clinic and she is about 5ft 0 and 200lbs.

Surely they should practice what they preach?

*dons lots of kevlar*

philconsequence
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

*runs off to buy a family-size cake to much whilst reading this thread*

DezB
    Free Member

What kind of messagge does this send out to patients

Nurses like pies?

redthunder
    Free Member

“messagge”

Sausage, Saggage etc. Freudian slip 😉

Ohhh Matron

peakmonster
    Free Member

No different to fat bikers on here 😛

catfood
    Free Member

Pot, kettle.

Harry_the_Spider

…and why do all nail technicians have names like they’re transgender? Claudine, Chantelle, Bobbi-Sue etc.

finbar
    Free Member

It’s all the boxes of Roses and Quality Street patients bring in to say thank you.

ourmaninthenorth

…and why do all nail technicians have names like they’re transgender? Claudine, Chantelle, Bobbi-Sue etc.

And you know that how..?

MrTall
    Free Member

I used to always champion the case for nurses, underpaid, overworked etc but then after a few stays in hospital i totally changed my mind.

I have no doubt thst there are many fabulous nurses out there but my experience is that the majority of them now are fat, useless, lazy, rude, uncaring and unfit to do the job. The foreign nurses during my last overnight stay were incredibly aggressive with the old man across from me and hitting him is not what i’d call proper treatment.

My diabetic nurse is also very fat, i’m amazed that so many nurses are when they are constantly reminded daily by ill patients right in front of their faces. Would you take dietary advice from somebody who’s morbidly obese????

philconsequence
    Free Member

all nurses smoke too, its a legal fact.

psychiatric nurses sit around drinking coffee, smoking and ignoring patients.

nurses working with the elderly have it best though… drug em up til they sleep and hit the ones that dont sleep quick enough.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I know a few nurses none of them are fat but yes the woman who takes my BP lectures me about weight and drinking and she’s twice the size of me and I saw her coming out of Greggs with a box of cakes and made sure I said ‘Hellooooo’ :mrgreen:

Harry_the_Spider – Member

My nail technicians called ‘Roxanne’ and she has very very long false eyelashes and is the same colour as an umpa lumpa

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I once saw a dietician who was as wide as she was tall. I didn’t believe a word she was saying

molgrips
    Free Member

Their advice about diet etc is still sound though, isn’t it?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Yeah true….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Does ‘Roxanne’ have hairy knuckles?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

No 5 inch eyelashes same colour as an umpa lumpa and bee sting lips that look like you could stick her to a car window

Harry_the_Spider

Does ‘Roxanne’ have a willy big Adam’s apple?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They are all in the middle of their very own research project into the causes and effects of obesity. The only way they get ethical approval is to do it on themselves. Did you not know this?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I’m going on Friday I’ll check and report back Harry

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

bee sting lips that look like you could stick her to a car window

😆

jamest
    Free Member

This thread is great, and really helps to take the pulse (ha) of the stw readership, all nurses are fat , are they not just a cross section of a nation that is gorging on cheap junk food and processed crap, there are fat police, IT workers, window cleaners and yes even mountain bikers.

instanthit
    Free Member

As a nurse (psychiatric) feel that i should mention, im not fat! Dont smoke. Virtually everyone in my team is vegetarian. Dont drink coffee.
    So there you have it, just to put some miscionceptions to bed!

Harry_the_Spider

This thread is great, and really helps to take the pulse (ha) of the stw readership, all nurses are fat , are they not just a cross section of a nation that is gorging on cheap junk food and processed crap, there are fat police, IT workers, window cleaners and yes even mountain bikers.

…or maybe its just a bit of a piss take? Perhaps some nail technicians didn’t start life called Dave or Simon.

Harry_the_Spider

or Keith.

Woody
    Free Member

MrTall

I really hope you reported your experience, particularly the ‘aggresive hitting nurses’ as that is totally unacceptable and definitely NOT my experience of the vast majority of nurses, regardless of nationality.

I don’t know whether there are more porky nurses than you would have in the general population but there do seem to a be a huge number who look like they have grown out of their uniforms!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Molgrips – yes their advice is still sound but by Christ, my diabetes nurse is so fat, she can’t even open her eyes properly.

She’s got cheek vision.

flyingmonkeycorps

I briefly went out with a nurse, she wasn’t fat. However, she did point out that a lot of her colleagues were, erm, rather stout and suggested that due to the weird shifts they work when they got in they just ate takeaway rather than cooking lovely healthy food.

Woody
    Free Member

instant hit

Get off that computer, you know they are not for patient use 8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

instant hit…. me too 😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

OK I’ll bite, most nurses have to work crap hours, long shifts, get out of work at unsociable hours, end up eating a lot of junk while on the run, are often still expected to do a great deal of housework and the job itself has seen quite incredible mission creep, while they get blamed for everything that goes wrong on the ward becuase others havn’t done their jobs properly and have to deal with a bunch of crabby ill selfish people all day everyday. Frankly I’m amazed they manage to remain human, let alone civil.

instanthit
    Free Member

Dont panic, im on my own laptop and not ward based!!

convert

If this is true it’s a very sad state of affairs – nurses (and more specifically nurse’s colleges) were a truly excellent source of carnal entertainment with some very trim young ladies with remarkably few morals or inhibitions – if this well has run dry for the young men of today I see feel their pain.

Drac

Well there’s a some new nurses I seen this weekend I’d not call fat and made the many trips there very worth while.

binners

Do you think Frank and Keith the orange, hairy-handed nail technicians liked dressing as nurses when younger. That could be the root of the problem.

Just a thought

andyl
    Free Member

Bring back the good old days:

like this:

tonyd

Good point about the odd hours leading to a tendency to eat junk food. The last thing I want to do if I get home late from work is cook dinner, I couldn’t imagine doing long/late shifts these days.

I wonder how that works out for the large proportion of society that seems to be eating itself stupid though? Maybe it’s all they can manage between ad breaks – don’t want to miss the lie detector test results on Jeremy Kyle!

Edit to add: convert, have to agree with you there. I spent many an evening in the nursing halls of residence whilst at University back in the 90s. There were still a few porkers though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m not generalising here but

Dunno why everyone has gone off on one, he was only referring specifically to the nurses in his local doctors surgeries and hospitals. Can’t argue against that. We’d have to faind out what he means by ‘a lot’ but, he clearly wouldn’t be making it up.

andyl
    Free Member

yeah you can see the reasons – long, unsociable hours, lots of time (on night shifts) sitting around, low pay and hard work leading to depression etc.

But it does seem odd to be told you need to lose weight by a nurse that is 1 foot shorted and about the same weight as you. I’d like to see what is being done to help them and I am not going to be derogatory towards them as there is a reason – there is a definite pattern and problem IMO.

convert

Edit to add: convert, have to agree with you there. I spent many an evening in the nursing halls of residence whilst at University back in the 90s. There were still a few porkers though.

You do need some achievable goals for your ugly mate or they’ll stop going with you. And the best thing about them (Nursing Hall of Residence) is the relatively quick turnaround between courses so its a gift that just keeps on giving.

Just to clarify, my overtly bigoted perception of nurses here is just to help to redress the balance with the above; if I had to be generalised about I’d choose fit n’ easy over fat n’ yeasty any day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘Fat nurses’ is closed to new replies.