Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fast Rolling UST type tyre
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Whats the best all round fast rolling tubeless 26 inch tyre that you guys are using at present.Max budget of £30 per tyre desired. Mud clearance is not essential for the areas I ride.
    Thanks
    richard

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spesh purgatory, tubeless ready. Winner.

colournoise

Depending on the surface you’re riding, a Spesh The Captain might be a better bet if you want fast rolling with all a bit of grip.

boxfish
    Free Member

Another Spesh…. Ground Control 2Bliss

oxym0r0n

No spesh boycott on this thread then 😉

Northwind

Fast rolling is all relevant, you could fit some fast traks and go very fast, until the first wet bit when you’ll stop quite abruptly. What sort of conditions?

andyrm
    Free Member

Onza Canis 2.25 is a good bet – made by Maxxis, great sidewalls and good grip, very fast as a rear tyre. Couple with an Ibex up front for grip.

krixmeister

Kenda Small Block 8 is my answer to any “what tire…” question for XC riders, except “what tire for very sticky/muddy conditions”.

busydog
    Free Member

Kenda Small Block 8

^
    this
    or Kenda Slant 6 not bad and has a little more grip than the 8

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

For hardpack gravel with a smattering of dust and sand the default choice in these parts is the Maxxis Crossmark – so much so it seems to be the only tyre kept in stock by the local bike shop.

The dissenters seem to like Kenda Small Blocks.

Hanky

Another vote for Maxxis Crossmark in dusty climes, easy to fit on Mavic UST rims too.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I’m mainly riding Gisburn at the moment,trail conditions, even when wet seem ok, I’ve not ridden through too much mud , there are a lot of fireroads etc they are on a hardtail with Arch EX rims

njee20
    Free Member

Furious Fred, no messing around!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fast Rolling UST type tyre’ is closed to new replies.