Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fast Rolling Rear 2.3 Mud Tyre
  • vorlich
    Free Member

Or to phrase it another way, a fast rolling 2.3 tyre which isn’t totally shit in mud. Does such a thing exist?

My local trails are a mix of gloop and hardpack. I’m running a Mud X ATM which is not bad, but I’d like more volume as I’m a fat chod on a hardtail.

fairhurst
    Free Member

need i say it again 🙄

there can be only one Panaracer fire xc!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Maxxis Ignitor 2.35s ,The mutts nuts up here in the Lakes!!
    But thats only my opinion, Tried many other tyres over the years and mothing touches them.

IA

Ignitors are pretty decent in the mud. Excel in soft ground rather than out and out mud.

Not sure I’d run them in the lakes though, not a huge fan of them on rocks.

br
    Free Member

Big tyres need plenty of mudroom, have you?

float
    Free Member

need i say it again

ok you can stop with that now thanks.

vorlich
    Free Member

A quick look at CRC shows a ton of different Panaracer Fire XCs all of which are < 2.3.

Clearance isn’t an issue, I used to run 2.3 out back. But it was a Nokian NBX which nobody sells anymore. [draggy too]

fairhurst
    Free Member

float – Member

need i say it again

ok you can stop with that now thanks.

why they are superb tyres and that is what i use!

The Fire XC Pro design offers excellent traction and cornering in just about any terrain without the penalty of high rolling resistance or soft fast wearing tread compounds.

jonnyrockymountain

2.3 maxxis swampthing not the super tacky

grahamt1980

Currently running panaracer cg soft conditions on my hardtail. Bloody good tyres and roll reasonably well. But fast mud tyres don’t really exist

bm0p700f
    Free Member

If it can be narrower then the Geax Barro mmub is pretty good in the mud. I have the 1.7″ on one bike and they a a bit sketchy over loose surface oir rocks/stones but in the mud not much sticks to them. I have got used to the way they handle and have grown to like them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fast Rolling Rear 2.3 Mud Tyre’ is closed to new replies.