Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Fancy dress(size) help please…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A few of us are ordering dresses… how do we know what size to get?

Cheers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just use the one your Nan put on last night.

j_me
    Free Member

Nip into M&S and try some on?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just use the one your recently deceased Nan put on last night.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Well you could do it the way women do it…i.e. measure your bust, waist and hips and find out where you ‘fit’ into the sizing charts… Or you could go into a shop and try some on. I’m sure M&S assistants won’t smirk (too much) and will be very helpful. xx
    Oh, and do take pictures and post them if you do decide to try them on in a shop, well all take the piss help you choose the one that matches your eyes the best…

bikebouy
    Free Member

MnS, I’m sure, have seen far worse than you walking in and trying on Womens dresses.

Oh, and I’m sorry if I was out of order about your Nan. Mucho Appollos Sir.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cheers MrsGrips I’m somewhere between a 10 and a 22.

S’ok… you weren’t to know. Pointing it out appealed to a very dark sense of humour.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No worries.

Ok, seriously..

Have you an OH? or SO? Try their pants on.. but as a very very rough estimate a bloke with a 32″ waist is a size 12, can’t comment on boobs as I’ve no Moobs, haaahaha, oh hang on, that looks like I’ve tried on my OH’s pants doesn’t it..

McHamish
    Free Member

I have had the same predicament in the past…I’m 6’1 and 14st, and I’m a curvy size 16 (with balloons).

But that was a few years ago and I was about a stone lighter.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

seriously, I’d say your biggest problem will be the chest unless by chance you do have hips like a girl… what are your measurements?

(and the fact you’re a 10- 22 means you’re like every typical female out there…I.e. nothing every fits right, which is why typically we try a million things on when we go shopping…)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

44-31-38
    C/W/H

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Right, well you can get around the wide chest/bust by having a dress which buttons up the front (and not doing up the buttons all the way). I’d put you as a 14/16 which is a Medium/Large.
    If you don’t have the choice of the buttons at the bust then you’ll need a 22 (X-large) and need to ‘cinch’ it in at the waist by having a belt.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

course I am pretty much guessing…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cheers, we’re guessing too… mediums (14/16) have been ordered.

kimbers

lets be honest you are gonna look silly whatever size dress you go for

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

lets be honest you are gonna look sexy whatever size dress you go for

Thanks x

McHamish
    Free Member

Don’t go for something too tight…you don’t want to look like a slut. Men can be such pigs.

DezB
    Free Member

Most arousing thread of the week award.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Get a belt and gather in the waist, a cardi and some Edith Bligton (sp) tights, some court shoes and a subscription to Gok Whan (sp) “look good nekked”

and a spray tan.

and a geordie accent (like)

technicallyinept
    Free Member

In casual outdoorsy/bikey clothes I cannot get into a size 14 jacket, sometimes the 16 are a bit ungenerous too, especially in the arm lengths. Often resort to trying guys jackets and a guys medium (38-40inch chest) normally fits across the bust.

Reckon there’s a very chance your new frocks will be far too small. I assume you gone for something stretchy so you’ll look like most of the teen sl*ppers out on a weekend.

Are you getting high heels too 🙂

Still, it probably a better look than one of those disco jumpsuits that about 3 inches too short in the body. Saw a guy out the other weekend – didn’t look too comfy around his nethers!

mustard
    Free Member

Is this for Saturday 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Fancy dress(size) help please…’ is closed to new replies.