• This topic has 24 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by huws.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Fancy a strange bike but which?
  • roverman
    Free Member

As the title suggests I fancy a new bike but this one needs to be a little bit left field .
    So the choice comes down to a jeff jones steel spaceframe or a pugsley.
    Let the jibing commence and don’t hold back, I want to know which to pick
    Thanks

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

OK. Why left field and not actually functional?

Davesport

Fancy a strange bike but which?

What about a recumbent ?

roverman
    Free Member

Hi giantjuant, it’s the way I do things I suppose, I do have a rather nice litespeed niota but feel it’s a bit much for going down the shops or just tootling about on so fancied somthing stand out from the crowd and enviable by those in the know 😉

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Yeah it’s nice to have something different as long as it’s fun.

PJay
    Free Member

Have you seen this thread?

roverman
    Free Member

Pjay that’s just plane ugly as to the recumbent , don’t fancy mixing it with that artics that use my road and I’m not to keen on flags either 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Jones steel and pugsleys are mainstream on here, 26″ geared HT are leftfield 🙂

bol

I know a man with a 22lb bfe with full XX. You don’t get much stranger than that.

qwerty
    Free Member

moose2008
    Free Member

Look at this and tell me that you don’t want a pug.

mopsi10 by Moose.2008, on Flickr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Perfect for your every need. If your only need is to be different for the sake of being different that is.

moose2008
    Free Member

The pug is certainly different to the mainstream but is functional too. No terrain or weather conditions will stop you riding and with the correct tire pressures you can ride almost anywhere. Copes amazingly well with normal mountain biking as well.
    Buy one and you’ll find yourself riding more and in places that you wouldn’t normally ride, that has to be a good thing

Timmo
    Free Member

how about an electra Shop bike?? modern day open all hours stylee??
    they do a really nice 8ball too that suprisingly pleasant to ride!

roverman
    Free Member

Oooh, moose, that’s just to nice, but still leaning to the jones, specially an all black one

moose2008
    Free Member

Roverman

I don’t think that anybody can knock a Jones, they’re obviously exeptional bikes but there must be a huge price difference between that and the pugs. The Jones is slightly off the norm regarding looks but the pugs will get attention from people who don’t even ride bikes. I think that the pugs ticks more ” different” boxes when you consider applications as well.
    It’s an enviable predicament your in.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

you need a Lefty fork

moose2008
    Free Member

Not either of the bikes that you mentioned but very different and worth a read up if nothing else.
    A bike made from Bamboo
    Calfeedesign.com

Bamboo-MTB-e1294202603405 by Moose.2008, on Flickr

Vortexracing

I know a man with a 22lb bfe with full XX. You don’t get much stranger than that.

I would like to see a piccie of that.

what forks has he got on it?

niallmb
    Free Member

Just thought I should share that upon seeing the bamboo bike, Mrs MB expressed disappointment at the fact that

‘it still has metal all over it, its not a bamboo bike unless its all made of bamboo’

I’d love to see how that would work. Anyone for a bamboo tyre?

moose2008
    Free Member

If you check out the website there is a bamboo bike with wooden wheels, real cow horn handle bars and a couple of other non metal components, albeit not a 100% completely wooden bike, but hey.

bol

I would like to see a piccie of that.
    what forks has he got on it?

I haven’t got a pic – not sure he has yet. He’s just built it up while he waits for a warrantee replacement on his regular frame. The forks are F120 FIT QRs I think.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Moose…..That is very nice but I so wish you hadn’t posted that pic 🙁

huws
    Free Member

Full fat cargo bike?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Fancy a strange bike but which?’ is closed to new replies.