Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fake Wolf Photo Scandal
  • BigDummy
    Free Member
    nickc

Isn't there some discussion on "faked" though?

It could be that a "semi-tamed" wolf aiming freely over 20,000 acres of Spanish hillside, is a slightly different proposition to say; a performing or zoo reared animal…

Dudie
    Free Member

The image isn't a fake in the sense of the usual 'stuck a wolf in there with photoshop' kind of fakery. In that respect it is a true record of events captured on film. The allegations involve whether or not the image was staged, ie. a tame wolf in captivity. From the evidence I've seen so far, it is not looking good for the photographer. Whichever way you look at it though, it is still a striking image. Admittedly, I find it less striking when I consider it as a doggy jumping a fence in a cage, rather than a wolf hunting in the wild.

If it is indeed staged, the photographer is a numpty for not declaring it. He's still a good photographer though….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fek me. Surely having to train a WOLF would make it MORE worthy, not less.

"SIT!"

**SNARL!! SNAP!!**

"Ouch my hand is missing!"

😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Still an amazing image, but not very nice if not declared.

GrahamS

Unless it is a stuffed wolf on a stick, with the stick later removed in photoshop, then it is still a great image.

dmiller
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Fek me. Surely having to train a WOLF would make it MORE worthy, not less.

"SIT!"

**SNARL!! SNAP!!**

"Ouch my hand is missing!"

GrahamS – Member

Unless it is a stuffed wolf on a stick, with the stick later removed in photoshop, then it is still a great image.

superb 🙂

Both of those should be his official defense.

Junkyard
    Free Member

surely staged is a more appropriate description – which it was whether that is a wild or tame wolf.

DezB
    Free Member

It would all be fine if he hadn't won "Wildlife Photographer of the Year" with it.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think "Wildlife" still applies.

You wouldnt call it a pet or farm animal would you? 😉

TheDoog
    Free Member

He could've found a better looking gate as well, that looks very flimsy indeed…………..

MrAgreeable

I conker with the general opinion that it is indeed a great picture, but it's got a hyper-real feel to it that kinda jars with my personal experience of interacting with wild animals (i.e. seeing them as fuzzy spots on a horizon). So I'm not really surprised to hear its authenticity being questioned.

The real issue here is, it's a BD thread about animals, but nary a mention of cuddling, or less wholesome activities. What's up with that? 😉

Andy

dmiller +1

GrahamS

it's got a hyper-real feel to it that kinda jars with my personal experience of interacting with wild animals (i.e. seeing them as fuzzy spots on a horizon)

Yeah, exactly. I sent in several images of fuzzy spots on the horizon and I wasn't even shortlisted. 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Fake, . . . you can clearly see the zipper working free on the suit, . . fair jump by the boy Troyer all the same.

TheFopster
    Free Member

What would be the best tyres for photographing a wolf? Any ideas?

MattPhotos
    Free Member

He could have trained it to do a tailwhip at the same time … now that would be a photo!

And for the record you are allowed to enter animals that are trained.. you just have to tell them at the beginning.

Stoner
    Free Member

What would be the best tyres for photographing a wolf?

WTB Werewolf LT 2.55" obviously, duh! 🙄

TheFopster
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner. I'll need to get a set. And a wolf. Anyone know if CRC can get me wolf delivered in time for Christmas?

TheDoog
    Free Member

can i see a snail on top of the stone next to the left hand fence post? (the wolfs left) has that been tamed too?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Fake Wolf Photo Scandal’ is closed to new replies.