Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Facebook – Do you use it?
  • Pook

Look at this page for example. Full of ads informed by your own google searches.

no it isn’t

i know, but we’re not allowed to talk about that.

ski
    Free Member

It’s in the news today. Apparently, some think the company is worth £32Bn!?!?

They get £1.2Bn a year from advertising.

That’s one hell of a multiple!

chewkw
    Free Member

No. £32Bn … WTF! There must be so many mad people around … 😡

simonm
    Free Member

tosh when a company that produces nowt has so much value… scary stuff really when you think about it.

aracer
    Free Member

I closed my account becasue the updates I read from people were all dull

Well you clearly had dull facebook friends. Mine do all sorts of interesting stuff (and they seem interested enough in my reports of my 3yo riding his bike on the BMX track etc.) As for phone or e-mail – doesn’t really work in the same networking way (of course you can conference call or send to a list, but it’s not really quite the same).

warton
    Free Member

Facebook has changed so much from when it started out.

Many industry experts are saying that its undervalued, why? because people can now ‘like’ companies, bands, brands etc etc. a bit of data mining on who likes your products gives you the most up to date market research you could ever hope for. For record companies and film studios this is invaluable. kids still download and buy media and pay for it, its the older people who rip it for free.

This ‘like’ feature is also basically free advertising for the ‘in’ products and bands, again invaluable for the companies it affects. If the cool kids at school are liking a band everyone else will…

the next step of facebook could be charging companies to have their products available to be ‘liked’. all of a sudden that valuation looks pretty realistic.

RealMan
    Free Member

kids still download and buy media and pay for it

What kids??

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I very reluctantly signed up a couple of months ago – mainly because a lot links ended up at the FB login page – I do you Twitter a fair bit and that is sometimes a way of marshalling thought for my self rather then self promotion
    A large part of my decision to sign up to FB was the growing realisation that it is becoming a primary method of communication – as the mobile phone was 15 -20 years ago
    Still not keen and to be honest don’t really understand it – but at least I’ve got my foot in the door

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Facebook – Do you use it?’ is closed to new replies.