Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Facebook chat archive
  • PrinceJohn

does anyone know if it’s possible to look back with times & dates for Facebook conversations you’ve had?

My job might depend on it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The records probably exist (anti terroroism legislation working in your favour?)

That and the data protection act should allow you to see that data.

Coule be worth a try?

jimmy

stupid question, but have you deleted them? It only shows so much history but if you haven’t deleted them there should be an option to ‘show more’. I found a conversation with my ex from 2 years ago after we split up. got very emotional all over again…!

Oggles
    Free Member

I think he’s talking about facebook chat, ie private conversation between two people (which only came in this year at the latest site revision). It gets deleted from the chat window after a week or so but they must be keeping records of conversations for the reasons stated above. I’d get in touch with FB.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

thats messages, not chat (guess it depends what your looking for)

muggomagic

may i be the 1st to ask what has happened to mean your job could be on the line?

thepurist

Any anti terrorism records (if they exist) would only show who you spoke to and when – not the content of any conversation.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

he wanted to know dates and times, so presumably he’s been found out timewasting?

PrinceJohn

cheers for your help(ish..) a colleague was sacked – i have since chatted to him on facebook about it, he has submitted transcripts as evidence for his tribunal without asking my permission.

My boss today had a word mentioning this & it was a shock to me, he mentioned that if it was on work time i’d be in breach of company internet use policy & potentially on rocky ground.

LenHankie

Messages and Wall posts seem to stay indefinitely unless you delete them.

The ‘Chat’ bit (like MSN) I think disappears, though they may hold some on file as other have mentioned.

PrinceJohn

it was the chat function – not email or wall.

Rich
    Free Member

What a crappy thing to do with a private conversation!

PrinceJohn

yeah- pretty pissed off with him, apparently I can sign something to say I don’t want it used as evidence & without my permission it cannot be submitted.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds like your boss basically had the chat today to scare you into signing that ….

PrinceJohn

yeah again he did come up to me later on with his tail abit between his legs.

amosridl
    Free Member

Completely deny it was you. Anyone with a bit of photoshop experience could mock up a forged screen.

What a d*ck.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Facebook chat archive’ is closed to new replies.