Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fabia 1.2SE offer £8995 – any good?
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

Saw this and made me ponder buying new when I’d usually buy a year old plus to avoid the depreciation. Interestingly the 2nd hand prices don’t appear to shift whilst the offers on! Reviews say it’s dull but otherwise an excellent choice, I drive conservatively so reckon the 1.2 won’t be a problem for me. Seems a great offer – any reason to think it’s not?

chojin
    Free Member

Fabia is a good car, go for a test drive and make your own mind up!
    When you do take it for a spin, make sure you take it up to motorway speeds to check its not too noisy and uncomfortable on long journeys. if you like it, buy it.

buck53

Only concern for me would be the engine. Ours (albeit getting on for 10 years old now) is the 1.4. Normally that would be fine but all the pull is up at the top end, consequently engine is always labouring at sensible RPM and so the fuel consumption is terrible.

Might be different with this generation of cars (not sure if the changes are just a facelift or include revisions to the engines) but given our time again we wouldn’t go for this car and we’re looking to change it soon.

bamboo
    Free Member

Good cars, maybe worth looking at what lease deals you can get for them. Local skoda dealer was doing 130ish/month with servicing included, which may be preferable to shelling out 9k from your pocket.

mudshark
    Free Member

I have a Roomster 1.2SE so must be similar – mine’s the 105bhp one. I think it’s fantastic, and drives a lot better than you might think. Indeed you might prefer it to a Fabia as so much more practical – if that matters.

allthegear
    Free Member

There are a couple of 1.2 engines used – the 1.2 TSI engines are fantastic. Check which one.

There is the equivalent of no VAT across the whole of the Fabia range at the moment, including the VRS. (I know – mine is due for delivery in the next few days!!)

Rachel

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

The Fabia 1.2 is the 69bhp one. Slow it will be and motorway journeys will be tiresome.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ooh that’s not so appealing! The mpg is lower than the TSIs too.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Thanks all 🙂 Aware of the zero vat offer but the offer on this model is better than that at the mo’.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fabia 1.2SE offer £8995 – any good?’ is closed to new replies.