Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Comet Fire Sale -> whats on your list….
  • roady_tony
    Free Member
    leffeboy

with extended warranty I hope sir

wwaswas

dixons et al might do better to buy the stock themselves – £120 million of sales of Comet stock will knock their chances leadign up to Christmas.

lunge

A tablet, a Nexus most likely. Also a Dyson.

rocketman
    Free Member

sweet fanny adams tbh

Have almost bought quite a few things from Comet shops, only to be told at the death that they have ‘none in stock’ but I can have the display model for 50 quid off.

If I buy new, I want new – sealed up, in a box with all the bits of paper and all the cables – not one that has been on display for 12 months.

nbt

oooh. wish I had loads of money

Dyson ball maybe. POss a tablet,

hora
    Free Member

Nothing, I wouldn’t set foot in one of their stores again. I walked past one yesterday on the way into TKMaxx and it looked the same as usual- empty with normal signage.

ThePinkster

I’m pretty sure that those of us who have been good customers of theirs in the past won’t get a look in anyway as the vultures who would never normally even step in there will swoop in to pick over the corpse for stuff they don’t even want.

Couldn’t believe the number of people in there on Saturday – never seen it so busy – all looking for non-existent ‘bargains’.

Cougar

I need a new fridge. Ironically, in a fire sale.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Have almost bought quite a few things from Comet shops, only to be told at the death that they have ‘none in stock’ but I can have the display model for 50 quid off.

Lucky you – I reserved a digibox, had to go out of my way to pick it up, then after being kept waiting for 3/4 an hour was told there were one in stock (so how did I manage to reserve one then?). Said I’d take the one on the shelf, discounted, but nope, they weren’t having it.
    maybe I’ll pop in and remind them of why I never came back and subsequent purchases were from Amazon.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Dyson ball maybe

If you don’t manage to get one of them then I’m sure comet stock lots of other products heaving with gimmicks.

soobalias
    Free Member

the lure of a bargain, something i didnt want/need before, isnt strong enough to overcome the disturbance to my conscience of revelling in others misery

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Neeed: new cooker, old one is from the 70’s, one of those horrible slow to heat up electric plate style ones.
    Want: Coffee machine
    Maybe: AV reciever (warrenty decision ont he old one pending)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It’ll either be underwhelming with 50% off a load of tat no-one wants and 5% of Dysons/Apple etc, or it’ll be utter hell with millions of people fighting each other for bargains.

Either way, I’m out.

binners

I fully expect this thread to be full of some serious moaning about the frankly shoddy level of service received from people counting down the days to unemployment.

“Can you believe it?!!! Alright, it was half price! But It wouldn’t fit in the boot of the A5, so they actually wanted me to pay to have it delivered. And all the while he was telling me this, he looked completely disinterested!!!”

Don’t let me down STW 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A5? Dahhhling, it was a perfect fit in my Q7.

crazy-legs

There won’t be anything left, it’ll be like when Borders closed down. Thousands of people in there and nothing on the shelves.

Everyone will have had the same idea – Ooh, I’ll go to Comet and pick up a bargain. Fat chance of that.

I’ll shop at John Lewis, get my free extended warranty, get some decent customer service and not have to fight past hoards of “bargain hunters” to get it.

A5? Dahhhling, it was a perfect fit in my Q7.

You didn’t go and get it yourself did you flashy? Oh you pleb. I just sent my butler off to sort it all. 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

So hold on, is this fire sale now on?

roady_tony
    Free Member

oooooooooo i forgot about a coffee machine!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CL, one does have to let one’s gentleman’s gentleman have a day off sometimes, you know.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

How much for a surly gobshite who knows nothing about the stock, but will twist your arm up your back to get you to sign up for an extended warranty?

Always a few of them in store.

maccruiskeen

only to be told at the death that they have ‘none in stock’ but I can have the display model for 50 quid off.

I reserved a digibox, had to go out of my way to pick it up, then after being kept waiting for 3/4 an hour was told there were one in stock (so how did I manage to reserve one then?). Said I’d take the one on the shelf, discounted, but nope, they weren’t having it.

Comet’s problem for a long while is they’ve been able to get credit with their suppliers so have being having to pay upfront for stock – I guess thats why they’ve rarely only got the display item and not much more. I wouldn’t hold my breath too much for anything too desirable in the sale that isn’t missing its box and remote control.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Gas hob and an oven could be on the cards… if the price is right.

Would love a tablet too since I have deep envy of my partners Kindle Fire HD which I got her for her birthday… that may be a bit silly though as I am going to get one of them there Windows 8 Tablets for work soon.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Telly! Just had the green light! Will it happen… Probably not!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

They only had the display model of the tv I wanted, I doubt it will be discounted much below the price I could buy a new one for online.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

its rubbish. happened to be near a comet today so went in, 20% off things like kettles and 10% off IT/TV. normal prices really, except with a note on the door saying if you have an problem don’t come back to us.

matthewjb
    Free Member

As others have said Comet’s main problem is an inability to get stock. So chances of a bargain are slim. And zero after sales support. I’d stick with Amazon.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

http://storage.comet.co.uk/www/splash/html/splash.html

seems the sale starts tomorrow at 0900! I’d like a handheld Dyson. Sad or what.

roady_tony
    Free Member

DAMMMIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! thats not much notice!

roady_tony
    Free Member

dont panic, its crap, 10% RRP to 20%

i suspect this is the start and things on a per-shop basis will get progressively cheaper as it comes closer to closing the store

also most stuff not in the store will remain in the warehouse for potentially on online fire-sale at some other point in the future.

avdave2

Just been in, waste of time. It might be worth a look after the weekend if they start to make some significant reductions then but for now I wouldn’t bother.

kimbers

just been down to our local one

not very busy considering

but not many deals really

10% off rrp tvs, ipads, kindles,laptops, washing machines etc
    20% off rrp printers, kettles, dvd players, fm radios
    a few things already discounted were worth it, eg a couple of tom toms halpf price- 10% but theyd gone

saw a soundbar 20% off, quick google on the smartphone- its 50% off on amazon, asked the guy if he’d match it, but they cant
    and that sums up all their problems really

ski
    Free Member

hora – Member

Nothing, I wouldn’t set foot in one of their stores again. I walked past one yesterday on the way into TKMaxx and it looked the same as usual- empty with normal signage.

LOL

Hora, you think they look like that now, wait till the sale starts, then have a look! 😉

Rio

Just been to have a look – nothing worth having; 10% off lots of stuff you could get cheaper elsewhere, 20% off a few things, nothing off others. Prices on the shelves are the original price and you get an apparently arbitrary amount off when you get to the till – when you look closely a lot of the signs say “up to” X% off. Staff are being surprisingly helpful given the circumstances. Was potentially looking for a new kettle; one that Comet had for £39.99 with 20% off was £19.99 in the shop next door! Also wanted to see if they had any Dyson filters and tools but the Dyson displays had been completely stripped. They had lots of those pod coffee making machines at 20% off for those who like such things. I was on the lookout for a new grinder but they didn’t have any.

Bit of a waste of time really.

binners

Do you think its an elaborate ploy. Like when Heinz said they were going to stop making Salad Cream?

roady_tony
    Free Member

OH NOOOOOOOOOO better go get some salad cream

zbonty

I bought a Dab radio/alarm there YESTERDAY at FULL PRICE. Bargain!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Comet Fire Sale -> whats on your list….’ is closed to new replies.