Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Eyewear with fullface?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Stupid question but most people wear goggles with a fullface, what’s the benefit over a pair of sunnies?

I seem to be one of the few people I know who wears sunnies rather than goggles. Not sure if I’m missing out.

_tom_
    Free Member

I use goggles to keep dust and mud out of my eyes. Sunglasses seem like they’d do that job, but be a bit shit for riding through darker sections of woods in. And they look silly, and everyone knows looking cool is the main reason for riding a bike.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I wear some spesh photo sensitive sunnies

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

With a full face helmet you wear goggles or nothing.

jedi

i always wear sunnies never goggles if i need eyewear

I_Ache
    Free Member

Goggles all the way with a full face, if it’s sunny then slightly tinted lenses in them. I never wear glasses with my FF as it just feels wrong, and as Tom says it looks daft too.

jedi

shades dont take away my peripheral vision

jojoA1
    Free Member

I wear sunnies or clear lens glasses as I feel so constricted by goggles. Don’t give a crap that it might not look cool, I can both see and breathe, which is all I’m after really.

Radioman

I use glasses as they are cooler so don’t mist up as easily. In a real smash up goggles give your face and nose a bit more protection

STATO
    Free Member

I only wear a FF if im doing DH and therefore will be wearing lots of other armour to. Goggles are part of that and keep (have kept!) my eyes/face protected in a stack.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

So the main benefit is protection and restricting your breathing

jam-bo

I find goggles help with speed perception too. Wind across your face makes you feel like your riding faster than you are, goggles isolate you from this and I go faster.

GW
    Free Member

shades dont take away my peripheral vision

a Full face helmet does tho 😆 😛

I wear goggles DHing for the reason Jambo gave, plus my eyes water like **** riding DH with a full face on. Goggles are **** useless if it’s actually wet/raining/har/mist and I hate tear offs, did 6 rus of Glencoe last weekend goggleless with one eye full of mud by the end of nearly every run.
    Jojo – were you there on Saturday? thought I saw your name on the start list? I only got there late on Sat night and only one girl actually raced Sunday, she crashed her brains out but finished, good on her. I have male mates who think they’re DHers but won’t ride/race it and from the low entry I don’t think they’re the only ones.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I use Revision Bullet Ants, they fit close to the face and give superb peripheral vision.

Northwind

It could just be my helmet/shades combo but I find the wind seems to blow into the helmet then round the sides of the glasses, makes my eyes water instantly. I get on better with nothing…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I have to wear specs so this is a constant bug bear. It’s nice if it’s sunny enough to wear prescription shades or dry but cool enough that goggles with inserts don’t mist up instantly. 9 times out of 10 its just specs with a bit of grin and bear it.

chakaping
    Free Member

I use glasses as they are cooler so don’t mist up as easily.

+1

I realise that I might not look very cool in my massive Joe 90 specs and full face, but it’s not a fashion show is it?

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t find glasses comfortable with a full face, and they don’t offer the same amount of protection from mud/water etc. as goggles. It’s about finding the right goggles for your helmet and face, and then adjusting them right to get the comfy.

deus

I wear goggles over my glasses to stop them shaking around and to stop my eyes watering.

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve found that if i wear sunnies and my full face the arm of the sunnies begin to cut into the side of my head and gives me a headache.

my helmet fits perfectly… other than when combined with sunnies. for this reason i wear goggles.

Euro
    Free Member

oliverd1981 – Member

I have to wear specs so this is a constant bug bear.

Me too, but only really a problem on the FS bike. My specs seem to funnel and concentrate the wind into some sort of super eye-watering laser at over 15mph, could just be the shape of them, as it wasn’t a big issue with the glasses I had before. Oakley crow bars goggles are a big fit and work pretty well for me. I’d go as far a saying they’re the best biking accessory I have. Sometimes have fogging issues in winter if I forget to breathe out though my nose.

dokta
    Free Member

Goggles all the way. Oakley Enduro’s don’t mist up at all while standing and posing. They got shiny carbon version too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Eyewear with fullface?’ is closed to new replies.