Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Eye Surgery/Vision Question
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    For many years the sight in my right eye has been so bad as to be nearly non-existant, however my left eye was perfect so compensated and I just lived with it as I cant get away with contact lens and the lens in specs were so dfferent they made me look like a cyclops!!!

I recently found out about lens replacement and to cut a long story short I have had some tests done and this could massively improve my eyesight for approx 2 grand.

My question is-does anyone know anyone who has had it done and what were their experiences, good or bad???

Cheers
    Steve

Jamie
    Free Member

I cant get away with contact lens

What does that mean? You tried them but did not like them? Depending on when this was contact lens have come on leaps and bounds. I wear mine for a month solid, forget i have them in, with no ill effects.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If it works it is great, if it doesn't (as a friend recently found with laser surgery) it isn't so hot. He has near as damn-it lost all vision in one eye permanently. 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

For many years the sight in my right eye has been so bad as to be nearly non-existant

Do you mean in the sense of needing massive correction with lenses, or that there is some other pathological reason why you cannot see very well from your eye (say macular degeneration or ctaracts)?

If the former, then can you manage it with contact lens and spectacles? If the latter, what is the issue?

Lens replacement is part of cataracts surgery, so it is not an unusual activity. It may well be an option, if that's what you are after.

Having had an eye injury where I was lucky to regian my sight, I'm mindful that any eye related intervention could be significant and, for me, optional interventions are too high up the risk scale. If you think you could live without any usuable sight in your right eye (by way of extreme example), then go ahead an investigate.

If doing this privately, choose your doctor(s) very carefully.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I dont have any pathological condition just require massive correction.
    I am told i am very long sighted with a bad astigmatism. The sight out of my right eye is very very poor (uncorrected)-basically everything is just a blur.

Part of me thinks that I have so little vision that I have nothing to lose by trying but I appreciate specs are also an answer.

I dont like contact lenses as they cause me to be disorientated for some reason, also it feels like I permanently have grit in my eye and the lens does not seem to move when my eye moves (I can very oftem see the edge of the lens when I move my eye).
    Various opticians have tried and failed to sort me out with contacts.

I now require specs for reading and am looking for a long term solution to the lack of vision in my poor eye that will work with my hobbies, maiinly cycling and motorbikes.

The cost of the surgery is not an issue-I have the money.

I work with someone who has had both eyes done and speaks highly of it but was just after further tetimonies.
    Cheers
    Steve

markgraylish
    Free Member

lens replacement

Hmmm, didn't have that but did have lasik treatment on my corneas which helped me massively but (and I was warned about this prior to the procedure) I now need to use gel tears as my eyes are very dry

(They were dry before the procedure and lasik made it worse but putting gel in my eyes several times a day is no hassle)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Eye Surgery/Vision Question’ is closed to new replies.