Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Exploring Broxbourne Woods
  • senorj

Hello.
    I’m planning on exploring Broxbourne woods. I’ll probably drive there before work(NE of Ware) a few times , can anyone recommend a decent car park(ie safe/cafe)/starting point please?
    Also any advice on general directions linking the woods together would be most welcome. (I have a map showing the various woods’ names).
    ta.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I usually park at the farmers boy. Nice big car park and a cheeky pint after 😉 needly to say I don’t ride before work lol
    There are loads of trails that seem to link together seamlessly.

If you want I may have some logs somewhere of past trips.

keppoch

crotchrocket – I would appreciate some gpx logs or similar if you have them. E-mail in my profile.

Thanks.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Sorry fella, looks like my logs have been deleted from my old sport tracker account since i moved to iphone.

I know my way around there a bit tho. If you want to hook up & create some new logs I’d be pleased to stumble about the woods for a few hours.

senorj

bumpage.

crotchrocket – is the farmers in Broxbourne?
    shame about the logs.
    i plan to explore in the morning.

chakaping
    Free Member

Car parks in Pembridge Lane are a good place to stop.

I’ll probably be out tomorrow afternoon if that’s any good to you.

senorj

chapaking – that’s very kind of you to offer.
    I’m on Late shift though….another time maybe – I finish early 2pm next week….email in profile.

jedi

i love broxbourne, bencroft etc.. woods 🙂

crotchrocket
    Free Member

The farmers boy is in brickenden
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pub+the+farmers+boy+Hertfordshire&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

The two car parks on pembridge lane are worth using too, but the are less secure and if you put the bike on a roof rack you won’t get in 😉

senorj

i love broxbourne, bencroft etc.. woods

Managed to get lost in Broxbourne,Bencroft & Wormley today.
    Lovely.

chakaping
    Free Member

The two car parks on pembridge lane are worth using too, but the are less secure and if you put the bike on a roof rack you won’t get in

bol of this forum can vouch for that

🙁

Managed to get lost in Broxbourne,Bencroft & Wormley today.
    Lovely.

We were out yesterday eve, it was beautiful. Going to try to get out again today.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Exploring Broxbourne Woods’ is closed to new replies.