Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Exmoor Rocks!
  • tang
    Free Member

Had a chance for a few days with the wife and kids camping at pool bridge campsite at the head of the horner valley nr porlock. great site, basic and fires by the river. was not a biking break, but my wife said 'chuck it on the roof!'. i had 2 hrs to play in the early evenings and horner wood was sooo nice, all the way down on various trails and then up to the moor on top and back down. the only trail that had a sign was 'Grannys trail' a ribbon down to the river from the top. i didnt have a map and just had a great time following my nose. didnt have time for further explorations but looking forward to going back. only 2 hrs from home and much shorter from my dads place.

dropoff

No no Exmoors cr*p nothing to see there and defo no riding, not even worth a visit really. Oh and thats Grannys Ride, we reckon she had a Norton. Glad you enjoyed it 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

Exmoors great and about 30 mins from my home if theres no traffic.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

We need to spin Exmoor round 180 degrees so all the good riding is on the side that I live. It's all fields and grumpy farmers on the Devon side. 😥

tang
    Free Member

stopped for a cuppa in holford which reminded me to visit there next time i visit the old man in glastonbury. quantocks looked stunning this evening…

dropoff

All the farmers are grumpy in devon, it's 'cos they know that the Somerset farmers make better cider (and then drink it) 🙂

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a spin up them moors on Friday?

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

I agree!

carlphillips
    Free Member

work shmurk on fri rich, see you monday for Quantocks fun

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Ah, 'tis the beauty of flexi-time. Late night clinic on Monday and Wednesday means I get the day off on Friday. SUPER-DUPER!

dropoff

Hi Rich, we're camping in Porlock over the weekend so if you're about Shaun can buy you that beer that he owe's you. Oh and we're riding fri,sat and sun. 🙂

Sonor
    Free Member

I haven't ridden on Exmoor/Quantocks since 2001, I camped at Sparkhayes farm in Porlock.

My parents are thinking of retiring to the Minehead area, I'm "encouraging" them to do so. They would certainly see me more often than they do now!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Sweet. Where are you planning for Friday?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

LOL @ sonor.

boobs

Was it any of you guys coming down the trail to Horner? I was with my wife and two kids. Got "told" no one would come down the bit we were on as 5 or 6 bikes appeared. jealous me ? yup!

dropoff

Rich, depends what we fancy on the day and what the weathers like. Could either be a steady 5-6 hour spin over the top of the chains or a play around in the woods around Worthy.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

shhhhh!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Anything is good for me.

dropoff

Hi Rich, we're at Sparkhayes campsite, aimimg to set off 10.30 ish if you fancy it.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Ideal. Where's Sparkhayes campsite to though? Do you have a route in mind?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Ah, found a map of it. I'll aim to get there for about ten(ish). Is there somewhere I should meet you?

dropoff

Hi Rich I've dropped you an e-mail.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor Rocks!’ is closed to new replies.