Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Exercise bikes
  • seanoc
    Free Member

Is there any half decent ones out there? If so, any recommendations?

It’s mainly for wor lass but I’d ideally like one with quickly adjustable saddle, stem, and bars. Gotta be fairly sturdy and robust. I’d be interested in recommendations.

Cheers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have you considered a turbo trainer? Much better than cheap exercise bikes. Spend the same on a turbo trainer and a proper bike for the MRs

Turbo trainer £140 and then the Mrs a proper bike £300 and then you can both use the turbo and you can get the Mrs out of the house on a bike too!

seanoc
    Free Member

Dangerous talk that.

No to the turbo trainer; hate them.

bikan
    Free Member

I have a Life Fitness exercise bike – not cheap but very robust. I have had it for 3 years. It has had quite a lot of use but it is still as smooth as when I first got it.

http://www.johnlewis.com/230455172/Product.aspx

You could also look at a spinning bike – it hasn’t got all the fancy gadgets that an exercise bike has, but it is much more like a real bike.
    http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/racers/bh_fitness_sb1_indoor_cycle/12662_p.html

trailmonkey

You can pick up a more than adequate exercise bike from JJB or similar for around £125 – £150.
    I bought one when I broke my collarbone in 2005 and it’s still going strong. Bombproof in fact. It’s got programs, HR monitor, calorie counter etc. The whole family use it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What’s to hate about a turbo, but love about an exercise bike? Cheaper exercise bikes are very uncomfortable and sh!t

seanoc
    Free Member

Thanks; I’ll have a look at them. I’m looking for a gym standard fella, should make a nice clothes horse after a few weeks.

FD; thanks for your comments regarding the turbo; I’m after an exercise bike and not another turbo (it’s not through love), simple as that really.

starsh78
    Free Member

Or…. you could get out and ride 😉

michaelmcc
    Free Member

A turbo trainer is best I think. Ive used a few exercise bikes at the gym and they feel so different to real bikes, I hate them all. Spinning bikes are probably the nicest feeling indoor bikes Ive ridden.

TooTall
    Free Member

Spam – reported.

kayak23

What tyres for an exercise bike?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Exercise bikes’ is closed to new replies.