Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Evil Sovereign owners
  • ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What size do you reckon for a 5’11 chappy with long legs? I don’t want miles of seat post. Looking at the size charts I’m thinking Large.

Fanks

redx

I’m 5’11” and ride a large Sovereign. I’d say I’ve got short legs and mainly went with a large for TT length. Even then I run it with a 90mm stem and fairly wide bars…

Hope that helps,

Alex

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers Alex, I’m think along those lines. TT seems perfect for me.

Ta

redx

What fork are you putting on it? I’ve got a Pike on mine and whilst it’s great in long travel mode, it’s a blast on smoother stuff with the fork shortened….

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and have a large with a 50mm stem which is pretty much perfect. I’ve played around on a ‘regular’ size one, also with a 50mm stem and it felt very short – not necessarily a bad thing though.

I’ve also been playing about with the cockpit on mine a bit and it seems that a high front end is a good thing, which is kind of the opposite of what you might expect. Need to play around a bit more – may also try an even shorter stem.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Got some Lyriks for taking it away to big mountains but thinking of running it on 130’s for local singletrack most of the time, will run SS or 1×9, depending what mood I’m in. 8)

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Yo Dibbs.

It feels excellent with Lyriks wound down. It suits that massive fork really well. I normally run Pikes at 140 though and that’s great.

I have a regular and am 5’10” and I like my bikes short- I think most people would suit a large. Although the new large ones look daft…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Should be a giggle though on Alpine stuff. Lyriks and big phat tyres 😈

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Lyriks on a Sovereign is a definite win. Feels absolutely indestructible (which of course it is).

Mine is 1×9 now and having run it singlespeed for a good few months, in my opinion a Sovereign definitely suits having some gears to choose from – that way you can properly rag it up and down rather than just mash up things and roll down them.
    1×10 would be even better but that will have to wait…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah 1×10 would be good for the future. For now it will be parts bin stuff.

9748simonb
    Free Member

I,m 5’10” and running a medium with some new dual position revs.
    I’m a big lump and the revs handle everything really well – a lot lighter than pikes as well

If i can work out how to download a photo you’ll see she’s a beaut.

snakebite
    Free Member

5’11 (just) here and on a medium. 150mm revs on it, dual air uturn run at 135 mostly, 80mm stem and wide bars,and contemplating 2×10…

djflexure

6ft and large here – perfect. 70 stem.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks good. Hopefully I’ll get mine finished this weekend. Some old but light 160 Nixons going on for now ( super intrinsic jobby’s)

Still deciding on which head badge to use 😛

Jim-bob
    Free Member

5’9″ and on a medium, fits perfectly. Got thors on at the moment but might get some u turn lyriks if I plan on doing anything big next year.

scruff
    Free Member

snakebite – Member
    5’11 (just)

OP is asking about height not girth.

robidoo
    Free Member

Any one local to Sheffield as I would like to throw a leg over one before I commit.
    I am 5/11 but with short legs, ride a small Soul and like my bikes an the small side.
    Thinking of a medium Sov.

ashfanman
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB

Still deciding on which head badge to use.

I’ve seen the bird/skull/unicycle one – what does the other one look like? Any chance you could post a pic of both?

snakebite
    Free Member

Mine…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Hey, whilst we’re at it, does anyone have any spare Sovereign decals left that they want rid of? Drop me an email. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Evil Sovereign owners’ is closed to new replies.