Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Evil DOC
  • beefy

Been looking at these frames, pretty nice, anyone used one as an “everything” bike. Don’t like XC bikes, tend to ride big bikes for big rides, so slack head angles suit me.

Just wanting to know how they fair on longer rides?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

pretty sure that frame has a steeper than steep head angle. Same as the old evil sovereigns

mildred

I had one – they’re awful (impossible) on a long ride.

Are you tiny? If not then look elsewhere. I think from memory they have about a 13.5″ bb height, 15″ seat tube 69 degree head angle with 100mm forks. They also have incredibly short chainstays that has you sat over the rear axle making them the worst climbing bike I’ve been on. Its basically a short trail/woods razzing type bike.

sc-xc

I had a DOC, as above – no good for big rides. Mine was SS, and a couple of hours was all I could take, had to use a 410 seatpost to get it to fit properly.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’d disagree with the above and say mine was fine and the guy that bought it off me uses it almost entirely for big XC rides. Head angle’s about 67.5 with 130mm zocchi’s, 60mm stem stops things getting too silly up front and the chainstays lived permanently in the middle.

You’ll need a big seatpost but that’s not an issue.

sc-xc

Didn’t you have a Sovereign though? I thought the DOC was only for 100mm forks.

mildred

I’ve had both. I had 95-140mm pikes on both and with the forks any longer than 100mm on the DOC it seemed to make it worse. I think they were designed with 85-100mm forks in mind. The Sov’ was ideal at about 130mm, and much better allrounder.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I had both, I have a Sov but also had a Doc built singlespeed.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I now have a Sov 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Evil DOC’ is closed to new replies.