Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Ever won anything? (Worth having)
  • j4mie
    Free Member

Back in my student days I won £40 worth of goods from a bakers in Glenrothes thanks to Kingdom FM, got the lot in a few big brown paper bags as I had to go back to uni. Did put a big of weight on that week….

Nothing apart from that.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve just remembered another.

Was at the launch party for a new radio station in 2002(?). Won a date with Sharleen Spiteri (Texas) for that weekend, but I was travelling the next morning.

Slightly worse for wear and knowing that I had to get up in just a matter of hours, I sold it to someone at the party for £100. I was a skint student at the time so was actually quite happy with that amount, however I now regret it!

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Not a bean from the ernie bonds I’ve had for a lifetime.”

I got 500 quid from them earlier this year. And 4×25 in the last 12 months !

I won a copy of theme park world when i was a kid

got 25:1 on 20 quid for cadel to win the tour bet placed about february.

Tense 3 weeks that was.

WillH

After the inaugural Huka Challenge at Taupo, NZ, my race number got pulled out of the hat and I won an all-expenses-paid trip for two to Thailand 🙂

Top prize was a $50,000 Holden Commodore, won by some 14-year-old whose dad would have been a very happy bloke for the couple of years until the lad was old enough to drive it!

mt
    Free Member

Some cut glass Whisky tumblers engraved with first place from Trailquests. Won enough for a set of six. It always seems nice poring a Glenlivet Smith 12yrs into one and remembering the good old days. The days when bikes were about how far and fast with none of this technical stuff or even getting your wheels of the ground.

nbt

Won a few CDs from competitions on 106.1 Rock Radio.

Won a Montance Featherlite jacket (for Mrs NBT) and Bikemagic “Powered by Pies” cycling top (that I gave to Monksie for being a top lad and helping us move house) for photographs submitted to competitions.

Back In The Day I won a Tim March full face BMX helmet from BMX Bi-weekly
    Won a week’s ski trip in a “tenner a ticket” fundraiser for the GB kids ski team, drawn by Prince Andrew

Won a meal up to the value of £100 for being a good little employee – Went to Santini’s in That London and had a lovely meal for £97 (starter each, main each, plus one bottle of beer – and that was in about 2003!). Lovely food.

Won a set of ResQSki electronic tags for powder skiing. Not fitted them yetm, any powder hounds got some nice skis they need to protect?

Won a Van Dessel t-shirt for picking the winner of one of this years classics. They had to send it from the states so they threw in a free water bottle. Good folks.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Just this week-

A new Helmet from Tuesday Treats on this very website 🙂

Persistence pays off!

T1000
    Free Member

200 Benson and Hedges in the primary School Raffle when I was seven

(that was a while ago…)

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve won some oakley’s, champagne, t-shirts and some caps for spinning like a loon at rollapaluza… and that’s it

stevehine

Marin Rock Springs at Bike ’99

Well chuffed; I was a student and riding a mish mash of cheap frame and cast off bits from friends.

breadcrumb

First time I entered Tuesday Treats I won a 661 helmet. Nothing since- are you blacklisted after a win?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

A bottle of gin which Mrs SOG drank.

jools182
    Free Member

when I was out of work I’d spend a good few hours a day entering competitions

I won 2 smartphones (LG & Sony)

A boating holiday in France

A nice little compact canon camera

A set of industrial shelves for the shed

other bits like t-shirts, sunscreen, wine

It takes a lot of time though, so only if you are supremely bored

Tracey

A mountain bike holiday for 2 in Morzine

Santa Cruz Chameleon

nbt

Ah forgot i also won tickets to the hard rock hell concert that was held in pwhlleli. 6 tickets, but hiring A population an apartment would have been £300, I only wanted to see one band on the whole bill and none of my mates fancied it either. Passed the tickets back so someone else could have them

joepose
    Free Member

A Giant Trance SX 2015……. at least that what the wife thinks 🙂

kcal

🙂

RC31s from Singletrack. Which was good, then had to build a bike around them 🙂 🙂

seadog101

Pair of Hans Dampfs from here!

andytherocketeer

£636 on the football pools (off a £1/week stake for 30 odd weeks)
    can’t stand football, only did it for a laugh, quit while I was ahead

allfankledup

To the uninitiated, there is a cafe in Llanberis called “pete’s eats”. It has been there since 1978 and serves the local climbing and outdoor community. It rocks. Pete’s Eats

Given the high turnover of customers, once you’ve ordered your meals (complete with pints of tea), you are given a raffle ticket to track your order – with staff appearing every few minutes and shouting out the order number.

My eldest daughter (age 9) was quite happy with her sausage beans and chips today, but wanted to know when the raffle was being held, and would it be after pudding?

jimw
    Free Member

I won a decent shock pump at last year’s Heaven of the South raffle. It’s the only thing I can ever remember winning.

chiefgrooveguru

I won a nice fuzz pedal some years ago. And last year I think I was the only person at the QECP day/night who didn’t win something – the raffle went on for so long that I was departing pitching a tent – good prizes too!

mtbmaff
    Free Member

2 week skiing holiday in Valloire, France, full board and £1k spending money, 2 USE seat posts off MBUK, shorts and a top by Race Face on What Mtn Bike and an iPod Touch in the work Xmas raffle.
    Also my Mini Cooper S won Best in Show at a Mini Owners club event, we won a trophy

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Ever won anything? (Worth having)’ is closed to new replies.