Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Ever won anything? (Worth having)
  • zippykona

In my life all I’ve won is a leather waistcoat on Hastings Rock which I didn’t want and never collected.
    All my luck must have been used up by someone else,so tell me what have I missed out on?

DezB
    Free Member

Do eBay auctions count? 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

£5 for the heaviest fish, twice.

Klunk
    Free Member

I guess if you “won” with 0p!

ads678

I won the lottery!

Ok, only a tenner but it was the same week as winning a tenner on the thunderball as well!!!

aracer
    Free Member

Do prizes for sporting competitions count?

Other than that I won a load of airmiles vouchers – which I never used.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Bloke I know won the lottery, twice. £800k and £500k.

Odds must be ridiculous. Irritating thing is, he didn’t really need the money. Often the way.

27orangeninjas
    Free Member

I won a Nike 6.0 snowboarding jacket once and also a 686 plaid flannel shirt.

Klunk
    Free Member

I won a bicycle book for a tale of woe on BM.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thule Backpack – really good
    Weekends accommodation – never used
    Pair of approach shoes in a photography comp
    3 albums – Verve Urban Hymns (limited and signed) and a couple of others for something on the Simon Mayo R1 show in ’97.
    Some random cd’s and a $50 seafood voucher for another random photo thing at a 20/20 game

nedrapier

i won a hammock and a load of schwag for a letter in White Lines.

mudshark
    Free Member

My wife won a trip to Budapest and took me

27orangeninjas
    Free Member

I won back the bottle of wine i donated for the kids school easter fair. I’ll donate it again next year 🙂

tommyhine

A holiday ski touring in Lapland
    A holiday in Spain
    A Reverb
    A decent bike light

I’ve been pretty lucky so far but I enter quite a lot of competitions so my hit rate is probably about 3%

brant
    Free Member

Harrythespider to the forum 🙂

dknwhy

Tuesday treats Red Kite Enduro entry for next month.
    Nokia phone (years ago).
    Camping lantern for a photo comp.
    Weekend on the IOW

Wife won £2K apple products through work. That was nice.

My mate used to enter all the free competitions he could. He won a fair bit.

Rorschach
    Free Member

A cycling jersey with some stripes on the sleeve and a medal…..seems a loong time (and 9kg) ago. 😕

Dylan08
    Free Member

DMR Rhythm in Anti Radar Green with a load of DMR accessories(MBUK Comp)
    Trek HT with a days guided riding (MBR Comp)
    Reading Festival Tickets (Doc Martin Comp in Schuh)
    Glastonbury Tickets (Guardian Comp)

Just won a Lloyd bank comp for a 205years of banking hardback book (donated it to local library!)

🙂

stevied
    Free Member

A few fairly useful things:

Avenir bike rack
    Diamond necklace for the wife
    Alpine car stereo
    Free suit hire for our wedding

onewheelgood

I won the Mountain Mayhem Christmas Competition – some really nice stuff worth a total of £800. Thought it was a hoax when I first got the email saying I’d won.

mrchrispy

a months supply of fray bentos pies

lasted just over a week

andyr
    Free Member

A TAG McLaren P1 amplifier back in about 2000/2001.

verses

Xbox360

edlong
    Free Member

Tickets to see Spiritualized in a tiny club as part of a (brewery sponsored, I think) “back to the bars” series of gigs. That was quite special, and genuinely one of those “can’t buy it for money” prizes.

A CD for ringing in to some ludicrously easy comp on Phil Jupitus’s brekkie show on 6music – it was not long before the whole “faked competitions” thing emerged, and it may well be that I was the only entrant since it later transpired that at least some 6music competitions were won by fake contestants because there were no real ones!

I also struggled to get rid of him (Jupitus) as he seemed to want to have a long conversation with me (on air) when I had kids to get up and dressed for school, porridge to make etc etc. I may have come across to listeners (if there were any) as a bit ungrateful…

rogermoore

Hungry Hungry Hippos.
    RM.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Won the Bingo at Woolcoombe beach holiday park last year…

Eat my own body weight in cream teas the next day … 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

A Pespi Max T-shirt for having the right letter under the ringpull;
    A custom bike frame at SSUK2006 for the “spirit of singlespeed” category;
    A pink camo USE Exposure helmet light for being last finisher at the first Kielder100 race;

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Won the chance to play on the Reebok (now Macron) Stadium pitch. A big deal for a Bolton fan.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I won a Harley. Too shiny for me, but the money I sold it for came in handy 😉

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Best ones are a GPS (top of the range eTrex at the time), and £250 of outdoor kit (photo competition).

Northwind

Backstage passes to see the All-****ing-mighty in 1994.
    A Yamaha watch which I sold on ebay for a couple of hundred quid
    A nice signed piece of original artwork from a card game I played, that I won in the national championships.

bombjack
    Free Member

I won a spot on the Atherton experience at Antur last year, whilst that was pretty cool, the mahoosive box of 661 / One industries swag was the real cherry on the cake. The day was awesome, the BBQ was decent, and to top it all off it didn’t rain all day!, I did snap by frame on the last run though 🙁
    Gee wasn’t at all like he’s portrayed to be by some of the media, had a good chat with him about how DH fitness has changed over lunch and he was a genuine top bloke. Couldn’t have been happier when he won the stripes again at the end of the season.
    Still wearing the socks that were in the box, TBH they are probably the most worn item in my riding wardrobe!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm.. Do sporting endeavors count? I’ve won loads in Sailing, world champs n’ all sorts.. kitwise: sails/foils/boards/board bags/wetsuits/dry suits/boots/gloves/wet gear/dry gear/charts/bin’s/GPS units/hundreds of free entries into other competitions/flight tickets/hotel accom in some swanky places

But all that was hard earned, I had to learn my craft to get that lot.. so it wasn’t free by any means..

And

Erm… won £15k in the lottery a good few years ago..

nedrapier

how DH fitness has changed over lunch

A bit slower at first, then quicker once you’ve digested?

peterfile
    Free Member

Before I could drive, I was in a newly opened bar and was quite drunk.

Won a mini cooper (original type) in a raffle.

Woke up next day with a stinking hangover thinking I’d imagined it, then looked out of my bedroom window and there it was 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Mrs Spider used to have a bit of a knack when it came to doing slogan competitions.

From memory she has won:
    1 week in Iceland
    1 weekend in Paris
    2 weeks sailing in the Caribbean (sadly before she met me)
    2 weeks in Australia (we couldn’t go due to the imminent arrival of kid#1)
    1 week at Windemere Marina
    Another week at Windemere Marina
    Long weekend in Bristol
    Long weekend in Nottingham
    Trolley dash type thing at a book shop where she won a Samsonite suit case and as many paperback books as she could fit in it
    About £1k worth of Berghaus kit
    Dozens of DVDs
    PS2
    Pallet of dog food
    £1k shopping vouchers
    2 video cameras
    1 digital camera
    Numerous beach toys
    25 bottles of cocktail sprirts type stuff
    1000 condoms and a sex manual
    Garden climbing frame
    A bike (she gave it to her mum, who fell off it and broke her leg so badly that she was off work for a year)
    A painting (by Rolf Harris that is no longer as valuable as it once was)
    A painting by somebody else that hangs on her office wall
    Some socks
    Farrow & Ball paint (which is rubbish BTW)
    Loads of Barbie Dolls
    £250 trolley dash at Smyth’s Toys

….and loads more that I can’t remember. At its peak something would be turning up every few days.

bombjack
    Free Member

A bit slower at first, then quicker once you’ve digested?

As soon as I re-read that I knew some cocky f-cker was going to say that! 😉

jemima
    Free Member

In the space of one month as a 14 (ish) year old I won a GT Avalanche (Saturday morning TV) and a pair of top of the range Reebok trainers (Bank of Scotland). Was pretty happy with that.

Oh and two tickets to T in the park in 1999 I think. Won them in the student union and immediately sold them for beer money 🙂

bombjack
    Free Member

1000 condoms and a sex manual

😯 Aye Carumba! 😯

cb

OH won a holiday to Mauritius – by entering a comp on the plane on the way back from Mauritius!

I won a mug and a few games in an old ZX mag

Also shirt, tie and cufflinks from Lewins on one of those drop your business card in the jar type affairs. Wasn’t that surprised as I’d just bought two suits and a shed load of shirts from them and they “suggested” that it might be a good idea to drop the card in!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Ever won anything? (Worth having)’ is closed to new replies.