Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Event Recomendation Please
  • incognito
    Free Member

I was planning on doing the Rough Ride again this year but due to other commitments I have to give it a miss. I’m already doing the London to Brighton off road ride for the British Heart Foundation late in September but wanted something else to do before then.

so what non-competitive events are there coming up which are worth doing please?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Kryton57

Depends maybe where you are located but there is the Whyte 50k Enduro in Surrey July 2nd (with 40 & 25k options. Some epic SE singletrack/countryside in that. See the Trail Break website for details.

mrmo
    Free Member

Depends on what you mean by non competitive, I would always recommend people try the grand raid cristalp at least once. Yes it is a race but the only person you will be racing is yourself.

incognito
    Free Member

As in not racing, I’m not interested in setting my best time. I just want to get out and ride bits I wouldn’t normally ride in the company of like minded weirdos out to enjoy the ride/day. Nothing serious.

I’m in suffolk but will happily travel to pretty much anywhere in England and Wales.

And thanks for the responses.

Jase
    Free Member

What about the Meridia Marathons (or whatever they are currently known as)?

Kryton57

incognito, thats exactly what the reason I started attending events this year, after riding the same trails for 8 years. Seriously, have a look at Trail Break (mainly SE) and the events sections in here and on BikeMagic. I’ve ridden 2 this year so far (3 to go) and although you get a race number you don’t have to take it too seriously – lets face it most of us won’t get on the podium. There are all shapes and sizes of riders and bikes, nothing to fret about.

Personally I’ve found it great motivation to squeeze in extra “Training” rides (so I can ride the distances and challange myself personally by getting a decent time), I’ve lost 1/2 stone since Jan and my motivation / experience / fitnes is shooting up.

Fyi, I did a Trail Break 40k in Marlborough, the recent Gorrick (54k half distance) at Swinley and have entered the Whyte 50k at Surrey & SITS.

I’ve also got included in other rides by way of getting to know other riders in Wales, Peaks and in June Dalby & Gisburn.

Personally I’ve loved it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I would mention the Big Bike Bash in August if I thought I could get away with it.

incognito
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look at the Merida and it’s just what I’m looking for, there’s one on 2nd of July which would be perfect for me. I’ll check out those other suggestion too before committing. I’m riding 3 times a week and I’m desperate to put my better fitness levels to good use.

Thanks a lot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Event Recomendation Please’ is closed to new replies.