Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ergon GP1 Grips – experiences please
  • mick
    Free Member

Are Ergon GP1 grips as good as the ads suggest? Do they really help relieve numb hands/fingers?

Oh yes and do they work (if they work at all) with risers as well as with flat bars

flatfish
    Free Member

Got a pair about 3 weeks ago and have ridden with them for a few 30 milers, personally i think they're awful, idea's right, but i think it might be me that grips the bar at a funny angle with my wrists kicked out, meaning my palms rest on the metal clamp bruising them as i ride the bumpy stuff, so i've taken them off after less than half a dozen rides to be consigned to my spares box unless somebody want to liberate them.
    Am now trying the cane creek bar ends, ergo II i think.

rickon
    Free Member

Well, I've got some GC2s. They need to be properly aligned to feel nice, if not they feel awful. They take a lot of shock out of riding going into your wrists.

mick
    Free Member

consigned to my spares box unless somebody want to liberate them

might be interested depending on the responses, oh and of course price

flatfish
    Free Member

mail me if you want them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

absolutely excellent grips – i have now got gc-2s on my race bike and the fin is too stiff the gp is much softer and more shock absorbing …i have 3 sets now and love em – as above you need to get the angle of dangle right – and its different for everyone !

thumbs up from me and the missus here!

brokensoul
    Free Member

Great grips!!

I've had a pair on my bike for 4 years, the ODIs they replaced lasted 12months.

I'll be buying another pair soon.

To set them up, leave the clamp very slightly loose and go out for a ride. If the grips don't feel right, writhe them round till they do. Then tighten the clamps. Sorted.

rootes1

Yer leave slighty loose as above poster says when first fitted so you can tweak as you ride. I have them on my swift. Specialized do something similar, but not as good but the they are 11quid, got these on my brompton

ratherbeintobago

I've got GX2s on my bike – they were a revelation after having numb hands with normal grips – much more comfortable. They do need to be aligned properly though, and, as with all things, they won't work for everyone.

I've got flat bars though; I'd have gone for GX1s (no bar end) if I had risers, I think.

Andy

FOG

I have got them on both bikes but must agree with others that the angle is critical.I nearly binned them after a few rides but after a a bit of experimenting I got them just right,supporting the palm and they have been good since.

Shred
    Free Member

I can't remember the model but i am pretty happy with mine. Got the ones compatible with my grip shifts.

And, as above, the angle is critical. I had them at the wrong angle when I started as was getting very sore fingers. Figured out that it was when I was standing, I couldn't get my fingers around enough so was gripping hard, causing pain. Changed the angle and raised the flat bit and all is good.

I was thinking of going back to round grips again but I have decided not to due to the comfort.

cinnamon_girl

Another recommendation here, have put them on all my bikes with riser bars. You may want to check positioning of brake/gear levers too, you need to ensure that your hand is level.

I have a weak wrist from breaking it a few years ago and these make a huge difference. In fact on my singlespeed, I have gone for the huge GC3, look awful but can get all fingers around the bar end.

Can understand how some folk don't get on with them, perhaps slight loss of 'death grip'.

StirlingCrispin

Used them for years and they're excellent. Have them on three bikes now.
    They work on risers.

ton

i have various ergon grips on all my bikes.
    they are by far the comfiest grips ever ever ever.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

I have 1 set of lightweight ones with barends
    2 sets of normal ones with bar ends and
    1 set without bar ends on both flat and risers, love em and 24hr races have never been the same since. just get ya dangle right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ergon GP1 Grips – experiences please’ is closed to new replies.