Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Enough's enough.
  • jimmy

I know we’re not supposed to start threads on the subject, but this needs saying. As much as I can ask, please don’t let this one degrade into a slanging match.

I’m not comfortable with the idea that RealMan is getting personal grief on the back of my feedback from anyone on here. If anyone has been or is taking it upon themselves to approach him or anyone he knows on my behalf, please stop.

I will standby the ‘right’ to post feedback on a sale made here on STW about a fellow forum member. While it would be remiss of me not to have suspected that ‘the mob’ might go after him (albeit, I also risked leaving myself open to the same treatment), if it causes personal distress then it has gone too far. For this, I sincerely apologise to George.

The original transaction, in my mind, remains unresolved but until the threads appeared over the weekend, I had written the whole matter off to experience so expect to hear nothing more from anyone about it. The whole thing has become regretful all round.

Hope this meets with everyone’s understanding.

alpin
    Free Member

pitchforks!

yossarian
    Free Member

+1

whilst i think realman’s attitude and behaviour has been very poor, abusing and threatening him is dead wrong.

binners

We’ve found a witch. May we burn him?

I seem to have missed all the fun. Who’s been threatening who then children?

cynic-al
    Free Member

5…4…3…

philconsequence
    Free Member

unslam his stem, that’ll learn him!

jimmy

C’mon people…

wwaswas

jimmy – I think people are just joking.

I suspect realmans problems won’t stop until he either changes his username or his attitude but you’ve done all you can.

geoffj

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US0siTh5BeU[/video]

penguinni

Yep. Time out lads.

Jimmy – send the brakes to me and I will forward them to RealMan at my expense.

RealMan – PayPal me the price paid and I will re-PayPal it back to Jimmy and pay the fee.

Then perhaps we can put this sorry mess to bed for good.

* Im not a frequent poster here but MTBrider.com can vouch for my integrity.

donks
    Free Member

I sold a Trek Fuel frame (the cracked swing arm model) on here a while back and in all honesty had not seen the hairline crack, the guy asked specifically if this was one of these models and i said yes but it was perfect…..following day I get the email….hairline crack found so what am I going to do about it…gulp. I paid for a new swing arm, but felt really bad as I had sold what I thought was a perfect bike. It would have been easy for him to get really shirty about it but thankfully he was good about it even though it meant he had to strip it all down and wait to get his bike built up. These things happen.

donsimon
    Free Member

These things happen.

These things do indeed happen and I think that, rightly or wrongly, people are judged on how they deal with the problem. Hopefully something was learnt from this.

matt_outandabout

Seems reasonable Jimmy.

allthepies
    Free Member

Judged, sentenced, beaten up and summarily executed 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Or…alternatively, someone’s got away with misrepresentation and all is forgotten…

Some people ‘trade’ on our collective limited attention span. ‘Tint right ’till it’s been put right.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jimmy – we were giving LittleBoy grief long before you came along telling us about whatever it was.

pitduck
    Free Member

still needs to man up and pay up 😕

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I’m sure the op is pissed off with the sale situation but I for one am pissed off with the silly bully boy attitude of several posters on here every time the alleged offender posts. They’re behaving like playground bullies.

It’s up to the op to sort it not a group of Internet hard men picking on someone.

badnewz
    Free Member

Im a literal guy so I just assume he is a real man and the rest of you are girls. That’s how names work right?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What? Who? What?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes badnewz – that’s how the names work.

penguinni

I am not a real penguin though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I assumed you were an Italian one?

Rubber_Buccaneer

if it causes personal distress

I’m sure your money is easing his distress enough that he can live with it.

badnewz
    Free Member

In fairness if I called myself Real man it probably meant I was insecure about my masculinity.
    As it is Im very concerned about my Badness.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have never (knowingly) spooned another STWer

Rubber_Buccaneer

Mr Woppit – Member
    What? Who? What?

woppit – (verb) to hit an adult on the bottom in order to get or give sexual pleasure

HTH

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Was that you, then? Nice mask.

wrecker
    Free Member

Not well known for tact and diplomacy (described as a wrecking ball by a former employer)
    Realman is a CUNZOR (can I say that?)

RealMan
    Free Member

This whole thing stems from a series of silly mistakes, made by both of us. It escalated through poor communication and a misunderstanding. And it got properly out of hand due to certain idiots on here.

I sold a Trek Fuel frame (the cracked swing arm model) on here a while back and in all honesty had not seen the hairline crack, the guy asked specifically if this was one of these models and i said yes but it was perfect…..following day I get the email….hairline crack found so what am I going to do about it…gulp. I paid for a new swing arm, but felt really bad as I had sold what I thought was a perfect bike. It would have been easy for him to get really shirty about it but thankfully he was good about it even though it meant he had to strip it all down and wait to get his bike built up. These things happen.

The feedback on here, and my pride and principals, stopped me sorting it out as easily as that. But I still felt bad – which is why, even now, I’m still trying to sort it out, almost 5 months down the line. I’m not saying that posting feedback publicly is a bad thing – it’s not. But it’s a last resort, ideally when you’re not even in communication with the other party any more.

Thank you for the apology Jimmy, it means a lot. I look forward to sorting this out fully and putting it behind both of us.

boblo
    Free Member

Aah, so you’ve had your appology. £150 en route to Jimmy now as there’s no reason not to? You’d do your self a massive favour if the answer were a simple, uncomplicated ‘yes’.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can see no reason not to refund now…

This thread was closed then re opened? Odd.

bullheart
    Free Member

Hmmm….

I’m still not sure this is going to end well.

EDIT:

This thread was closed then re opened? Odd.

Al, this is STW. There is no ‘odd’.

wwaswas

There is no ‘odd’.

Although hora tends to push the envelope a bit.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Enough's enough.’ is closed to new replies.