Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • English Cycle's does it again….
  • monkeyboyjc

Dang… 😛 😯 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Toddlers should be banned from having marker pens

passtherizla
    Free Member

nuts.

gwaelod
    Free Member

apo’strophe’s

FFS

jam-bo

Why?

monkeyboyjc

Why?

because they can – its a show bike, built for NAHMBS, not sure if they have an owner/buyer for it.

ontor
    Free Member

I would buy that instantly if I had the money. I’ve always[/i] wanted that exact design (perhaps in a different colour). Makes me sad thinking about it.

I_Ache
    Free Member

That is mental. How do they do they run the belt drive on the outside of the dropout?

allthepies
    Free Member

With a hub assembly where the belt engagement thingy is also outboard of the dropout presumably.

andrewy

Is that the gentle thud of a UCI official fainting I can hear? 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

Pretty Cannondale that :O)

MSP

Its grotesque, really its the ugliest bike I have ever seen, its worse than that very very ugly downhill bike that was posted the other day built by the colour blind idiot.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Niche for the sake of it.

But then, that’s what these shows excel at. If 1% of the new ideas from these shows make it to the mainstream, why not give it a go!

Hell, even electric shifting began life as a show concept. But then, that’s destined to fail, because TJ says so…… 🙂

Bregante

MSP – Member
    Its grotesque, really its the ugliest bike I have ever seen.

Are you sure?

allthepies
    Free Member

More info at Rob’s site

Project: RIGHT

singlespeedstu

I’d say it’s done it’s job.

People are talking about it. 😉

Moses

More apo’strophe’s!!
    More importantly, how does it ride?
    I like the appearance if not the colour.

MSP

Arghhh yes Bregante, that is worse, truly hideous on a whole new level, now excuse me as I burn my eyes out with acid.

Sandwich

Just because you can, is not a reason that you should (especially for that drop bar thing, truly gopping)

RustySpanner

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jzNd_pm8U[/video]

Wow, that’s uglier than a hatful of monkey’s bums.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Allthepies like I said how do they do it. I sort of guessed that the drive had to be carried through the dropout I just can’t figure out how.

allthepies
    Free Member

From the link I posted above:-

“I decided I wanted to keep the single chainstay as close to the center line of the bike as possible, which would also enable me to put the drive cog on the outside of the frame. And being a belt drive bike, this makes belt installation very easy (no frame split required!). The rear hub is custom designed – the shell and axle are one piece, which I machined myself, had anodised and then built the wheel. The bearings are press-fitted into the tube at the end of the chainstay – the axle slides through this, then the freewheel carrier is splined onto the end of the axle with a cap bolts in place to hold everything together. An eccentric bottom bracket allows for tensioning the belt.”

compositepro
    Free Member

Probably the same way lotus did it 20 year ago

The peacock grove bike was way better however and I’ve been quite a fan of robs creativity at English for a long time

There’ is however a lot of this doing stuff because we can shit going on at the moment …….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘English Cycle's does it again….’ is closed to new replies.