Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Energy bills (utility warehouse)
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

We’ve moved from our flat and utility warehouse who supplied our electric have decided we owe then £500.36. We’ve always paid our bills and the caretaker has checked meter readings on our behalf. The staff who answer our calls are rude and speak little English, they won’t pass us onto a manager. We’ve asked for a breakdown of charges and it’s arrived but it’s jibberish, codes etc… And it appears to us the £500.36 is admin charges. The flat was vacant from 29th May onwards with no electric on, however it appears we’ve been charged £130 for this period, utility warehouse just say ‘standard maintence charge’ ?? They are threatening court action or debt collection if we don’t pay soon. Anyone got experience of this? I’m planning on going to the CAB about it. I have no problem with paying bills provided I ‘actually’ owe the monies.

With Eon at the new house it’s costing £46 PCM for both gas and electric on a Combi meter. Expecting it to be higher in winter as we will have heating on.

z1ppy

I was tempted to try UW, for a mobile contract, but too many horror stories about their Energy bills, on the net put me off… not regretting it either.

Try ofgen?
    http://www.energy-retail.org.uk/energysupply.html

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks z1ppy, looks like a good place for me to start. You did right staying clear of this company. The breakdown we got looks more like HTML code, when a webpage doesn’t load properly, than an itemised bill.

spacemonkey

Have never been sure of UW other than I knew someone who kept plugging their stuff – got v annoying v quickly so I avoided him.

Have been with EON for nearly 3 years – had some recent issues which were collectively both their fault and ours – which left us £800 outstanding. However, their customer service folk are actually pretty decent, even more so their managers who (for us anyway) were genuinely figuring our how we could save money blah blah. Pleasantly surprised in the end.

Beware paying £46/m for elec and gas. I might be wrong but I can’t see how that’s possible unless in a 1-2 bed flat with very economical use. We’re expecting to spend about £850 this year on just elec (3 bed house).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Energy bills (utility warehouse)’ is closed to new replies.