Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Why pick up dog crap then leave it in a bag
  • stavromuller
    Free Member

Can somebody explain to me why dog walkers do the worst bit and actually pick up the crap and put it in a plastic bag, then leave the f’in non biodegradeable bag just lying around, or even worse, hanging in a tree?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I asked a dog walker about this – its to make it easier for the council to clear up apparently. 🙄 Round my way on the main dog walker paths someone ( the council chap?) has now started hanging bin liners in a couple of places – presumably to put the crap bags in

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Trd in a tree is one of my wife’s least favourite things, especially at head height.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    falkirk-mark

Because if you are not a dog walker you are not going to pick up some random dogs turd and hang it from a tree.FFS

busydog
    Free Member

Same thing happens here in the US. I asked a guy once and he said so he “could pick it up on his way back to the trailhead” Yeah, right–still there the next weekend.

sweepy
    Free Member

I reckom people pick it up in case they’ve been seen, then get fecked off carrying it round and hang it up when they’ve checked no one’s looking

snowpaul
    Free Member

I get super wound up by this – I own 2 dogs and the mrs has one too – we go mad when we see these turd bags in the woods – it gives us a bad name when walking our dogs…its kinda like red light jumping cyclists giving normal cyclists a bad name….

i have yet to see someone doing this for real though… could be an interesting chat…

stavromuller
    Free Member

Just a suggestion, but if anybody does spot somebody doing this, maybe chasing after them shouting “Excuse me, but you appear to have left this dog crap behind” it might persuade them and others within earshot to thing twice.

colournoise

Confuses and irritates the **** out of me. We have two dogs and always (unless asked otherwise – a local FC wood specifically asks dog owners to ‘flick’ the shits off the path and into the undergrowth with a stick as providing and maintaining shit bins is too costly) bag and bin (or take away to bin elsewhere) the excrement.

slainte ❓ rob

CountZero

I think I’d do exactly what stavro said. Pity this sign isn’t more widespread:

boxelder

Maybe it’s because it only keeps your hands warm for about 5 minutes?

stavromuller
    Free Member

LMAO, I never thought of that

CountZero

Boxelder, that hadn’t occurred to me, either. 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Probably it’s to prevent the spread of toxoplasmosis or any other nastiness. What would you prefer? Fresh unprotected dog poop squelching between your toes or something wrapped in a plastic bag.The lazy feckers are going to leave it so leaving it in a plastic bag is showing a high level of regard for the public by protecting them from the nasty, nasty poop.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

I think we all know the answer to this. Because they are lazy bastards who couldn’t give a toss…

I’m sure there must be a doggy forum somewhere – where they’re all ranting about errant cyclists.

ji
    Free Member

£1000 fine for letting your dog foul, £15 fine for littering (if any fine at all)?

donsimon
    Free Member

Personally I just leave it to rot naturally, the plastic just slows down the fertilization process.

samuri
    Free Member

Just carry the bag home until you pass someone’s garden who you don’t like. WIN WIN.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Was in a local park once when I saw someone do this. Was about to go and have a word when some randomer walks past me picks the said poo out of the tree, wrips the top of the bag and then proceeds to smear it over the dog walkers back and then gives him a mouthful.

I was still tittering when the bloke walked past me and had a brief chat. Apparantly the culprit was a regular renowned for doing it and this bloke (another dog walker) had enough one day when he saw about 12 bags hanging from the same tree.
    “It was the last straw, I vowed the next time I saw him he was taking it home with him one way or other”!
    Quality stuff, I did enjoy the entertainment.

RealMan
    Free Member

Fresh unprotected dog poop squelching between your toes

Wear shoes then?

gravitysucks 😀

BoardinBob

A warm bag of dog poo makes an excellent hand warmer on a cold morning.

ski
    Free Member

Not one, not two bags, but three bags of dog dodo on my canal commute home last night!

All left in the middle of the path in neatly placed bags!

We also have a amazing looking 200+ year old Oak tree, on the edge of a local park here, which from a distance looks like its been decorated with the darn things!

The only reason I can think of is that the owners dont want to carry the things about with them & place them in the tree so when they return can dispose of them then, but for whatever reason they don’t.

richc
    Free Member

I have been known to stash a bag to get it on the way back, typically when I know the walk doesn’t have any shit bins on it and my dog has crapped in an area I know kids play in and I can’t be bother to try and flick/dribble the shit 50 meters or so to the woods. Not that it should bother bikers as its mostly on or around footpaths …………

McHamish
    Free Member

Are dog poo bags biodegradable like the food bin bags? Made out of potato starch or someting?

GTDave
    Free Member

The ones we buy are, yes.

totalshell

i can steer round the doggy doo it the horse shine that has to be ridden through

McHamish
    Free Member

The ones we buy are, yes.

Flinging it in the hedge might not be that bad if it’s biodegradable.

I wonder how long the bag would take to break down.

molgrips
    Free Member

i can steer round the doggy doo it the horse shine that has to be ridden through

Other way round for me. Horse poo is big, and always in the middle of the trail so you can see it. Dog poo is small and often hidden behind a clump of grass or under some leaves or something.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Learn to bunnyhop totalshell

Cougar

As sung by Les Dawson,

#There’s something nasty in the garden,
    We all know what it is.
    We don’t want to know who did it,
    But please, god, tell me where it is.#

richc
    Free Member

which ones are biodegradable? I’ve never seen those in the shops.
    as if there is some way of reducing the impact of all the bags that can’t be a bad thing, as long as they aren’t stupidly thin which inevitably leads to poo hand incidents

molgrips
    Free Member

which ones are biodegradable? I’ve never seen those in the shops.

They are in the binbag section.

MSP

The only reason I can think of is that the owners dont want to carry the things about with them & place them in the tree so when they return can dispose of them then, but for whatever reason they don’t.

Has anyone actually investigated the disappearance of all these dog walkers, you could have a serial killer operating in your area, the evidence is there for all to see.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

no plastic bag is biodegradable – all that happens with the so called biodegradable ones is that they disintegrate into small pieces of plastic bag.

nickjb
    Free Member

Has anyone actually investigated the disappearance of all these dog walkers, you could have a serial killer operating in your area, the evidence is there for all to see.

The perfect crime. There will be no one to find the bodies

molgrips
    Free Member

no plastic bag is biodegradable

That’s why the biodegradable ones are made from corn starch instead of plastic 🙂

McHamish
    Free Member

no plastic bag is biodegradable – all that happens with the so called biodegradable ones is that they disintegrate into small pieces of plastic bag.

Just had a quick search and you’re right.

Dog poo bags should be made out of paper…a plus side is that the walkers will have to walk faster to get to a bin before it soaks through.

McHamish
    Free Member

That’s why the biodegradable ones are made from corn starch instead of plastic

I had a quick search and it seems that most bags are a combination of polymers and corn starch.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just had a quick search and you’re right.

Link?

McHamish
    Free Member

does google not work for you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Why pick up dog crap then leave it in a bag’ is closed to new replies.