Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • energy bars options
  • trauty
    Free Member

what energy bars you guys like? My favourite is probably Torq bars , but would not mind trying something new.

Bolt

Was using torque but been buying these recently

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/energy-bar-12-x-60g/11098642.html

Bolt

anagallis_arvensis

Torq all the others I’ve tried are rank

reggiegasket
    Free Member

not an ‘energy’ bar per se but I eat Nakds these days. Bakewell Tart ones. mmmmm

km79
    Free Member

Much prefer ones like Trek peanut power or 9 Bar super seeds energy bars rather than cycling specific ones. Can be found in wholefoods or free from section in the supermarket, taste better and don’t make me want to boak.

qwerty
    Free Member

with jam 😀

stevious

Cereal bars for me too (the ‘healthier’ looking ones rather than the coco pops ones).

Can’t really understand why you’d bother with energy bars at 4x the price when they taste awful and don’t have any nutritional advantage.

TiRed

SIS banana fruit bars. But it depends how hard I’m riding. Bimbling along I can eat anything. When I’m racing I can barely stomach solid foods. Clif Bloks are great.

I had a lump of homemade flapjack between races yesterday that went down well.

Malt loaf is always welcome. One of my team mates eats a whole one on the start line! Slow release I suppose.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Nutrigrain bars

aP
    Free Member

I currently like the veloforte bars. Made from recognisable pieces of ingredients.
    Herself has just bought some Luch Dillitos Bacadillo coffee flavour.

trauty
    Free Member

i find nakd tasty , but contains too much fat which i find too heavy to digest.
    frankly best way to keep energized is to mix 100% fruit juice with water (1:1 ratio) + torq bars.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m a fan of a Mule Bar, particularly the summer pudding which is raspberry, blackcurrant and cranberry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clif.

Tasty.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I buy a mixed box of Mule bars.
    Taste good

fifeandy
    Free Member

Nutrigrain bars.
    Zipvit ZV8 uncoated.

Cliff bars are tastey but get really hard when cold.
    Anything from powerbar makes me jet propelled around 3hrs later 😯

ninfan
    Free Member

RoterStern
    Free Member

Also second Clif bars for general riding but if I’m racing I prefer gels as bars seem to get bits stuck in my gullet initiating the choking reaction/endless coughing.

Bregante

These are good. asda and tesco do a box for 2.50 and they come in different flavours.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Clif peanut

greentricky
    Free Member

Another vote for 9 bar, they are tasty. Don’t mind the SIS ones either though

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Home made fruit and mixed seed/nut flapjack. Made with coconut oil and honey.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The nutrixxion ones are well nice, come in top flavours, I like the salty nut and oat rasin ones

onandon
    Free Member

I ran out of ride food so picked up these from my local store.
    Tasty and effective but a little crumbly to eat in the saddle, but ok if you stop.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Those stroopwaffles taste much better post ride with a brew so you can melt the caramel with.

xyeti
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the elevenses bars, raisin ones. Pretty much always use SIS ones though, bought in boxes of 28 I think and work out a lot more cost effective that way, I get the bigger 65g ones as opposed to the tiny 45g ones.

Recently been backward and forwards to the west coat of America a few times so I’ve made a killing on cliff bars a 14 box of peanut butter comes in at $10. Also stocked up on Pop Tarts, Jolly Ranchers and M&M’s. Work pays for flights I just have to turn up.

chakaping
    Free Member

High five energy bar, berry flavour.

Much easier to eat than most, and usually available cheap somewhere

medoramas
    Free Member

Nakd bars are awesome! Peacan Pie….

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘energy bars options’ is closed to new replies.