Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Enduro Fork Seals
  • The-Duke

Been thinking about fitting enduro fork seals after noticing a some light wear to the annodising on the left hand stantion on my fox float 32’s, have read that they are much better seals than the original fox but i notice that they include an additional oil seal as well as the traditional wiper seal, just wondering if the extra oil seal will affect the operation of the fork, i.e more stiction etc.

wwaswas

not noticed it on mine – used some of their slick grease stuff around the seals and it seems fine – the actual seal material seems more slippery than the std fox ones too.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The seal is more ‘plastic’ than ‘rubber’ so doesn’t need the small spring to hold it in place. The oil seal replaces the foam ring on some forks.

I pack the gap between the seals with super slick grease, seems to have the advertised effect.

If your stanchions have worn they might not work as the seals dont press down as hard on the stanchion, so might not conform to the uneven surface?

The-Duke

Its just very light wear to the anodising so the seal should be a good fit, just want to stop it getting worse and dont really want to shell out for new uppers, think i’ll give them a go as it seems like a cheap fix

bigjim

I looked at those but read a few reports of stanchion damage on Fox’s, though I have RS forks I still thought if the harder material was the way forward then the manufacturers would be using it too. I’ve got some original RS seals now but they’ve changed since the ones in my 08 forks were made and I’m confused!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Enduro Fork Seals’ is closed to new replies.